~Chapter 13~

Barron quickly jumped up from his bed, "nothing" he snapped. Ivanka squinted her eyes in disbelief. She clearly wasn't buying it. I tried my hardest to stay both quiet and still but I was getting very restless, probably from laying under his dark and cramped bed for such amount of time. I let out a loud sigh.

"Nothing?" She mocked him. Barron shuttered and fell back on his bed covering where I layed with his feet, but that wasn't enough to stop her. Ivanka lowered herself down and peeked under the bed, the darkness no longer seemed dark and she could quite distinctly see me, laying in discomfort beneath the bed. I sighed and crawled out from under the bed. Was this is? Really? I don't know Ivanka enough to be sure of anything but if I found an imposter in the white house, I think I'd snitch too. I gently sat on the bed right beside Barron, dangling my feet where I would have still been if not caught. "Who are you?" She asked me strictly, closing Barron's door behind her, leaving only the three of us in the room. I sat in silence. What was I supposed to say?

"Look I'm sorry", Barron let out a large sigh breaking the awkward tension that was lingering in the air. Ivanka looked at him, with sorry written all over her eyes. She then glanced back at me.

"But for what? I'm confused, whats happening here Barron?", Ivanka sounded, almost sorry. Like maybe she has been in this situation before.
"Just please trust me Barron, I know we're not close, we never have been but I am your sister no matter what you think about me. I might not even feel like a sister but I am, and I do care about you believe it or not", Ivanka swallowed hard, calmly easing her way into this conversation. I sat still in compete silence. Usually I was eager to move, barley being able to sit still for 10 minutes, but for some reason my body was effortlessly still and felt no need to move a single muscle. I felt relieved though I didn't have a full reason to be, and I felt empathy for Barron. My sappy heart simply couldn't handle such love. As the awkward tension faded away, so did my nerves. Barron cleared his throat, "well uh, this is y/n. I met her at the soccer field a few blocks away." Ivanka straightened her back, fixing her posture.

"When were you at the field?"

"I go there at least once a week to play soccer", Barron looked entirely terrifed, but he looked pleased by the weight that was slowly lifting from off him, weight he had been being pinned down by for too long. Though it didn't seem like he would have anyone to tell it to, to begin with. "I sneak out, for fresh air and exercise" Barron admitted. Ivanka nodded. "Your not mad that I sneak out?", Barron asked Ivanka in shock. He had obviously expected her to be disappointed and mad, which she wasn't.

"No, I'm not. I never grew up stuck in a pathetically expensive white house, filled with people constantly keeping an eye on you and crazy public attention, at your age like you are. But that's only another reason why I don't blame you", She admitted as water dwelled her eyes making then glisten in any slight light. I glanced at Barron, he looked confused but intrigued by what Ivanka was suddenly admitting. I wanted to hug him, but I couldn't dare to ruin this beautiful moment. "Is this your first time here?", Ivanka kindly asked me hoping for an answer, she cracked a smile and I couldn't help but so the same.

"No. I've been here before, but it never fails to suprise me", I said, still smiling. Ivanka laughed.

"So what are you guys?", Ivanka smirked, looking at back and forth at both of us. Barron looked me in the eyes and smiled, just the feeling of his eyes searching me was enough to give me butterflies. He looked like he was replying the steamy kiss we could both still taste burning on our lips over and over again in his mind, hoping it could soon come true.

"Uh", Barron hesitated.

                     ×Barrons Pov×

     I knew what I wanted to say, but didn't know what to say. I was confused and she was probably just as confused as me. Although we had shared a passionate kiss together, Jaeden was still a person, a person of interest. Making me only an option. I tried to read y/n's facial expression but it was impossible. "We're friends, best friends", I stated beaming at Ivanka.