~Chapter 9~

"Barron what are you doing here!", I whispered loudly, straining my eyes and quickly glancing back at my friends, and then back at Barron.

"You left your phone on my bed and this is the best time to sneak out", Barron handed me my phone and his eyes caught my friends in the distance not looking away. "Are those your friends?", Barron asked, still not talking his eyes off them.

I looked back once again, my friends were also taking glances back and forth at us. I looked at Barron.

"Yeah. Well, I got to go to class now", I said talking a large step backwards away from the gate. I glanced back one last time and there was Jaeden walking steadily towards me and Barron. Barron began walking away but I very quickly hollered at him, "and be careful!"

"Can I walk you to class?" Jaeden said kindly putting his hand on my shoulder.

I smiled and followed Jaeden down the empty school hallway. Classes had already started. Me and Jaeden walked down the hushed and deserted hallway together.

                    ×Jaedens pov×

  I slickly glanced at y/n, trying not to make it obvious I was admiring her beauty. She was perfect. Her hair was shiny and as it bounced behind her, whiffs of a familiar scent flooded the air. At first I couldn't figure out what it was. I searched my brain for the awfully familiar smell. When I finally figured it out I was surprised and confused. It was mens hair and body wash. It's the same stuff my dad used.

"What shampoo do you use?" I awkwardly asked. We kept walking steadily done the hall. She shot a confused looked at me.

"Uh, why?"

"You hair, its uh, it's really shiny" I smiled and looked away as I could feel my face get hot. Why am I so awkward. She ran her fingers through her hair.

"I use dove". She looked at me and raised and eyebrow, letting out a quick smile.

"Well, I know you didn't this time" I laughed teasing her. "You used men stuff. Why's that?"

Her face went red and she looked down at her feet, "yeah I used my friends stuff"

I figured it wasn't her dad's. I must admit I felt a little jealous becuase that pretty much confirmed it was a guy she has stayed with.

"Well I hope you know, whenever you need a place to stay, your always welcome at my house. Please never feel bad asking" I said stopping in front of the class door and letting her go into class.

                       ×your pov×

   I walked in the class, Jaeden followed behind me. Mr. Clark was facing the board and it seemed as though he hadn't heard the door. Both me and Jaeden tried to sneakily get to our desks, but unfortunately we didn't make it far.

"Hey, you two" Clark shouted leaning on the white board looking at us. We both stopped in our tracks. "Why are you guys late?"

"Uh we didn't realize the time" Jaeden said nervously. I could hear very faint whispers of children around us assuming the worst. I knew they all thought it was weird that me and Jaeden were late, together.

"Take a seat, and don't let it happen again" Clarks eyes met mine and he let out a slight smirk.

                   ×Barrons pov×

     I couldn't help but think about her. Her smile, her laugh, her eyes. Everything about her was amazing. I knew she wouldn't want me to show up at her school but I didn't care. I wanted to walk her home, I felt bad about her situation with her dad. Well atleast that's what I told myself, I think I really just wanted and excuse to see her stunning face. Don't get me wrong, I really did feel bad, but she was tough and I knew she didn't need a boy to help her walk home.

I finally arrived at her school. The sun felt nice, but unfortunately it would be one of the last nice days as winter was pretty much here. We would be lucky if we didn't get snow by next weekend. I waited outside the gate similar to the morning. The loud bell rang throughout the yard as hundreds of kids rushed out the doors. I could spot her from any distance. She walked out with a boy. The same boy she is always with. He got awfully close to her. She had yet to notice me waiting for her at the gate. Her and Jaeden walked towards the gate. They stopped and he out his hands around her waist and hugged her tightly. I saw Jaeden notice me and he whispered in her ear. She looked back and placed her hand on her forehead. Her and Jaeden parted and she ran to the gate and hugged me so tight. Jaeden was watching and he looked sad and confused.

"Uh hey?" I teased. She hugged me so tight I couldn't move. My head was buried in her hair. "Are you ever gonna let go?" I laughed.

"Sorry, I just, I had a tough day. I also don't want anyone to see you" she said as she let go and pulled me by my arm. "Why did you come!?"

"I wanted to see you, I thought we could hangout"

                       ×Your pov×

    I looked down and feet, "actually I was supposed to hang out at Jaedens house tonight", I mumbled feeling bad.