~Chapter 22~

I sat on my bed and cupped my face in my hands. I didn't want to make my problems any of his concern. We hadn't seen each other in a few days and pouring such serious problems on him felt unfair. He clearly came here to see me and hang out, and I didn't want to disappoint him. Though it was too late, I had broken down.

"Y/n? Why are you crying?", he put his arms around me and held me close. At this point I assumed he didn't know what had happened. His hot breath traveled down my neck. "Please Y/n tell me" he demanded as his nose touched the side of my face. I wiped my tears with the long sleeves of my hoodie. 

"Its nothing Barron, seriously. Its not your problem." I broke down again. It seemed as though no matter how hard I tried there was no way I was going to be able to keep myself from crying, and I imagined sleeping would be tough for a while as well. 

"I don't care, your problems are mine now", he rested his hand on my knee while his head was still touching mine.

"Barron I just think maybe you should go."

"What?"

"I just had a really tough day and all I wanna do is cry, and try to sleep."

"I get that, but you can cry and sleep in my arms. I can take care of you", he persisted as his hand squeezed my knee cap making me flinch. 

"I just don't think its a good idea. Don't you have to go back to the white house anyway?", I sniffled.

"My sister is covering for me."

"Still, Barron-", I wiped a lone tear off my cheek.

"No. I'm not leaving you, sorry", his sympathetic voice was so close to my ear. He sounded sad, and I knew there was no getting rid of him. His soft touch wiped my tears.

"Was it him?", Barron's hand clenched my jaw and pulled it towards him, forcing me to look into his beautiful eyes that were only a few inches away. 

"W-what?", I looked down into my lap breaking eye contact. For a second I thought he somehow knew about everything. 

"You know, Jaeden. Did he hurt you?", Barron pushed up my jaw once again giving me no choice but to look him in his eyes.

"No Barron!", I shook my head. "If anything, he helped me so much today." I hadn't realized what I had done until Barron's facial expression changed. He seemed envious and I didn't mean to bring it up in a rude way.

"You were with him all day?", Barron's raspy and deep yet soft voice lingered in the thin air between us. I bit my lip nervously.

"Yeah", I replied. The room was silent. Barron finally let go of my jaw and my head fell into my hands again. I sobbed so hard my head ached of piercing pain. Even though Barron had seemed a little upset at the thought of me and Jaeden being with each other all day, he still hugged me so tight to his chest. His hand slid up and down my back.

"I don't like seeing you like this Y/n", Barron rested his head on top of mine.

"I know." 

"How about you shower? Your practically covered in mud, and I'll just stay here and wait for you. It will make you feel better", Barron whispered in my ear as my mothers loud footsteps walked by my door in the hall. I sighed.

"Yeah, maybe your right", I stood up wiping my wet eyes on my hoodie sleeves, which red then turned black from my running mascara. I was a mess, but I knew Barron wouldn't judge me. I walked over to my closet and looked for something to wear, eventually picking out a cute brown fuzzy shorts and tank top 2 piece lounge set. My mother footsteps got close to my door and the door handle began to open. "Wait mom, I'm changing!" I called out in hopes she wouldn't come in. 

"Sorry sweetie, I just wanted to check on you and say goodnight", she hollered from right outside my door.

"Ill be back", I whispered to Barron as I walked towards the door with my towel. 

"And Ill be waiting", a faint smirk appeared on his face as he laid back on my bed.

"Is everything okay sweetie?", my mothers soft hearted voice sounded like relief.  She was always straight forward with me, and when I was young she never pretended like the world was a perfect fairytale. She always told me how cruel people could be. Some people might think that's wrong, but she didn't teach me to hate the world, instead some of the evil people with in. I think growing up like that helped me understand the world better and not to expect life to be like my favourite fairytales, although I enjoyed them and dreamed that one day the world would be better and everyone could have their own fairytale. I think distinguishing the difference between a exemplary perfect fairytale and the real world helped me realize I can't trust just anyone and today had been an example of that. And because of what I had been taught, I was aware that it was okay to admit things aren't perfect.

"No, of course not, but its not going to be for a while", I hugged her as my hand closed my door behind me.

"Yes, and that's okay. Your my strong girl, you always have been", I could hear the hurt in her sweet voice as she hugged me tighter.

                                                                           Barrons pov

     "I know. I love you mom", Y/n's voice filled the halls. I tried to think about the last time I had a moment like that with my mother but I wasn't sure when last it had been. I wondered what had been so bad about y/n's day, she seemed gutted and even when her dad was acting up I had never seen her quite like this. I worried about her, in a life as boring and simple as mine she was almost all I had. When with her I almost felt as though keeping her happy was my life, and although I have never been fond of that Jaeden character knowing that he helped her and is a good friend makes me almost respect him, because as long as she was happy I felt content as well. Footsteps slowly faded outside the hall and the calming sound of the shower was the only noise in the quiet house. Hearing the sound of the shower running made me realize how bad I needed to pee. I had been at y/n's house all day now and in attempt to not get caught by her parents I stayed in her room.  

Barron

Y/n I really need to use the washroom what do I do?

I texted her hoping she just might have brought her phone with her, but she clearly hadn't as not even one second later it went off from beside me. I picked it up to look at it and it turns out I wasn't the only one texting y/n.

Jaeden

Y/n how are you? Feeling better? I tried to sleep but couldn't.

If that's a problem for you and you feel like it might help, feel free to stay at my place. Parents are in Hawaii so the house is empty again, its rather lonely and I don't feel like being alone right now.

Just please text me.

I wasn't shocked, it seemed as though they were close, obviously, they went to the same school. Whatever happened affected Jaeden too, leaving only more suspense. I didn't want to take chances, if her parents did see me it could turn one of two ways, they don't recognize me and everything goes fine, or it could go completely wrong and my father finds out about my continuous lies. Either way, what was at risk was far too large, and the chances were not worth taking.

                                                                         Y/n's pov

           The hot water dripped down my back relaxing my whole body completely, but as relaxing as it was, the sound of the water reminded me of the rain that had been present all day. The flashbacks came flooding in my mind. The cold, dark and misty afternoon. The bodies in the pools of blood. Nicholas's dead body laying lifelessly, as his lonely parents cowered over him in pain and grief. I began to bawl. It felt like every single emotion I had ever held in was finally begging to make an appearance. I immediately shut off the water and stepped foot into the cold air. It began to dry my body as I wrapped myself in my towel, but I had forgotten my clothes in the room. The room that Barron had still sat patiently waiting.