~Chapter 3~

"WAKE UP!" shouted my mother. "Ugh" I sighed as I removed the covers that had just melted into me.

I ran down the stairs to see my favourite waiting on the table for me, Fruit pancakes!
"Aww thank you mom" I said smiling and immediately taking a seat. I stuffed my mouth with pancakes which made it nearly impossible to awnser my mom's question. "Honey your not going for your run today?" My mother asked."No I'm skipping it" I said finally swallowing my food.

I sluggishly sat down in my desk. I watched the clock as the time went by.  
"Yes y/n?" The teacher said answering my floating hand. "May I use the restroom?" I asked. "Yes" my teacher said dismissing me. I walked down the empty school halls.

School was dismissed. Me and my friends stood outside the school to talk before leaving. I slung my backpack over my shoulder. "We are all hanging out at Jaedens house again tonight, right?" Sydney asked looking at me and the others. Everybody nodded accept me. "y/n?" Jaeden said looking in my eyes. I hesitated, "Well uh- I- I actually can't tonight" I said frowning back at them. "Why?" Jack asked. I stood there silently. I mean I couldn't tell them about Barron, at least not just yet. "Y/n you have never turned us down before, you always say yes to hanging out" Sophia laughed in a kinda mean and hurt way. I felt bad lying to them and of course I felt even worse not hanging out with them but I really wanted to see Barron. "I have to help my mom clean the house, sorry!". I jogged off before they could even begin to question me. "I'm not the only one who thinks that's weird right?" Jaeden said. "Nope, I don't believe it" Sydney said shaking her head.

When I got to the field I didn't see anyone. No Barron in sight. "Y/n!" A boys voice shouted. I looked over in the direction of the sound and there sat Barron waving me over underneath the bleachers. I ran over and threw my bag on the grass. I sat down across from Barron. "Hey Barron". "Hey y/n, so we meet again" he said smiling at me. I looked around him. "What's the matter" Barron asked. "Where's your soccer ball?" I asked giggling. He smiled at me. "I thought we could just talk!" He said joyfully. I grinned. I never realized how beautiful Barron's eyes were until I was sat straight across from him.

I looked around enjoying the beautiful view and fresh air, I couldnt get the fact that Jaeden probably liked me off my mind but eventually Barron distracted me with discussion.

"I'm not allowed on my phone too often but just incase, I think we should have eachother numbers" Barron said handing me his phone. 

We both got silent and the birds melody were all that filled out ears in the moment. "Why do you wanna hang out with me anyway? Afterall i am the president's son" Barron sighed as he played with the grass in front of him.

I couldn't help but cackle. "Barron that's the point, your the president's son, meaning I could ask the same".

"I guess" he said looking at me, "you like me for me and that's new to me. All my other friends were payed to like me" Barron explained.

"In that case I wouldn't mind mind being payed to hang out with you" I teased.

He shook his head side to side as a big smile slowly appeared.

That night as I walked back home all I could think about was Barron's smile. They way his blue eyes crinkle when he smiles, I'm not sure if I really like him, but he sure knows how to make me feel genuine happiness, and that I enjoy.