~Chapter 20~

Barrons Pov

         She sat across from me, wind blowing through her beautiful hair. We clinked our glasses together and laughed at the fact that it was just apple juice. The food in front of us was overwhelming. Chocolate covered strawberries, cheesecake, turkey, pasta, fondue, it all seemed like so much but the smile on her face led me to believe she loved it. 

"Son wake up! Its far to late for you to still be in bed.", My father called out in a stiff monotone voice, interrupting what was a pleasant dream . He leaned over my bed and vigorously pulled my curtains open, causing the intense light to give me no choice but to wake up. I groaned and clutched the blankets by my chest. "You didn't forget about the rally today, right?", his grumpy voice cracked. I sighed.

"No father I didn't. I was hoping you would forget to wake me up and I could be lucky enough to sleep through it.", I murmured as I yawned, finding myself rather amusing. 

"Excuse me? You know Barron, your never gonna be me if you keep acting like this. These events are important and I said you are going so you are. After all I am the president", a flashy smile slowly appeared upon his manipulative and overly confident face.

"I don't wanna be you. I don't even wanna be president. And to me your nothing but my father if that's even a suitable enough term", I sat up in anger dismissing his smile. He was so full of himself. He had never been a normal father. I wish I could blame it on presidency but even that wasn't fair. 

He scoffed in anger and humiliation, "What exactly are you implying?"

"Nothing."

"Fine. Now get up and meet me and Melania downstairs in 10 minutes exact, because your going whether you like it or not", his agitated voice hissed as he slammed the door behind him.  I got dressed in another ridiculously expensive suit that was barely tolerable. I really didn't want to go. I am always forced to go to these stupid boring and repetitive events, the room filled with people almost as dull and ignorant as my father. Not to mention, I have to sit there and listen to his foolish non sense which I don't even agree with. Every thing about it sucked especially the parts where I have to talk to the mindless people, having to be decent and pretend I like these events and my father. They were so bland. They all talked about the same things and asked the same awkward and displeasing questions all the time, "Your gonna make a great president someday Barron", "Are you excited to be President Trump one day?", "Don't you just agree with everything your father says?". Their irritating voices mocked me in my head. 

                                                                              Your Pov

            The car was silent, the only sound being the old mans heavy breathing and the muffled car engine below us. I couldn't believe Jaeden was able to convince them to drive us to the camp. We obviously weren't sure that they were there but its not like they had very many other places to be. The lump in my throat grew bigger as we pulled up to the campsite. Dark forest greeted us and the dewy grey sky gave of just enough light for us to see. It was beautiful and mysterious but the circumstances weren't. At this point I was exhausted from lack of sleep and I could tell Jaeden was as well, all we wanted was to find our friend and get out of here. The car stopped and Nic's parents got out as quick as their old brittle bones possibly could. The site was quiet and there showed no signs of Sydney nor Nic. 

"We have a tent just like that one at home", the lady pointed to a wet lonely tent in the distance. It had rained all night and everything was still damp from the fierce storm. The tent was dripping and if I were a random civilian I would assume its empty, but for us there was only really one way to find out. Nicholas's parents led the way to the tent and the heavy foggy air made it hard to breathe. The man unzipped the tent to reveal a horrifying tragedy that would haunt us all forever. The bloody bodies of people who were once my best friends. Nic's mother, Carol dropped to the ground and began pounding on her sons chest in any attempt to see him alive and healthy again. She and her husband whimpered in pain. I couldn't believe my eyes, every part of me wanted this all to be a terrorizing nightmare that I would soon wake up from. I glanced at Jaeden, who was also crying. My face was wet with smeared tears and my head throbbed. My stomach twisted into knots as I stared at what appeared to be lifeless body of Sydney and Nicholas. I crawled through the blood puddle near Sydney. She was cold as ice and her ripped shirt revealed 4 stab wounds. I pressed my hands down on the wounds as my tears hit her cold, still body. The old people screamed in agony and with every gasp of breath it was getting harder for me to breathe in the stale air.