~Chapter 24~

Barron's Pov
I smirked slyly at the thought that Y/n admitted she enjoyed that kiss. She looked so perfect under the moonlit sky. The sky was lightening up a bit, into a lighter blue with hinges of orange, but it was still very dark. She looked completely lost in thought.

"What are you thinking?", I stared at her, occasionally flickering my eyes towards the group of guys that were walking up the street loudly.

"Well", she laughed under her breath nervously, "nothin-" Suddenly the group of older boys were much closer. They were clearly intoxicated, and who knows what else. I stared them down and held Y/n close, resting her head on my shoulder. The men looked at us, and laughed.

"Where's mommy?", they laughed, making it clear they thought their blatant joke was funny. I sat there silently. I'm not going to make a scene. "Hey pretty little lady, want an older guy? We're more fun", the one guy began walking forward, that is of course in a jagged line since his mind was in a different place. The others laughed from behind him. Y/n's breath began to pick up as he got closer.

"One second", I whispered in Y/n's ear. She grabbed onto my shirt as I tried to get up.

"No Barron I can't handle anymore fighting tonight", she sighed with tired eyes. I shoved her hand away and stood up in between him and Y/n. My height was an advantage, as it stood taller than the man, but I wasn't going to fight him anyway.

"Yeah, listen to your girlfriend", he laughed under his breath, all I could smell was alcohol.

"I'm not fighting you though. We are leaving, and I suggest you guys do the same, or I'll call the police for that alcohol of yours", I slightly pushed him away. He looked angry, but nevertheless he walked back to the group, and they walked away, eventually disappearing into the dark, misty morning. Y/n stood up, and the moonlight revealed her tears. "Why are you crying? They're gone", I hugged her tightly in my grasp, genuinely considering never letting go.

"What I'm thinking, is that we should go", she pulled away from the long warm hug.

"Okay yeah, but where?", I watched as her hair blew around her face, making her look like a fairy. She bit her lip.

"Jaeden's is where I told my mother I was going...", she swallowed hard.

"Oh, so your leaving?"

"Well Barron we can't sit outside my house all night. It's getting really cold, and I'm tired, hungry, and thirsty", her face looked sad.

"What about me?"

"Well", her voice went quiet. I completely understand why she wouldn't necessarily want me to tag along. I wasn't an ordinary person, my father was the president, and one of the most hated men ever. It made it hard for me to make friends, and when Y/n came into my life I knew things would be the same, but she's worth it. I just wished I could go places with her. I feared that's what Jaeden had that I didn't.

"Whatever let's just go. Either way, your not walking alone", I grabbed her delicate, soft hand, and she led the way to Jaeden's. It wasn't a far walk and finally we were there. His house was big, not nearly as big as the White House, but that was expected. It was beautiful, but the dark sky made it difficult to see much. "I'm gonna stand here", and there I stood, at the end of  his walkway. Y/n walked up and knocked.

                                                                              Jaeden's Pov
         The house was empty and silent, except for me of course. So quiet I could hear the earth, amongst the exception of my own breath. My eyes were shut tight, until a knock forced them open in fear. I couldn't help but imagine I was dreaming. It was now 4:40am and I couldn't even begin to think of why someone would be at the door let alone who. It stopped for a minute, but the knocks rang through the house again, this time stronger and louder. I wanted this to be a figment of my imagination, and I wanted to ignore it, but it was clear it wasn't. I jogged down my stairs in my plaid pjs and no shirt. I looked through my glass door. It morphed the person outside into blobs of colour that were hard to see in the dark. I opened my door only to reveal Y/n and a boy halfway down my walkway. She looked drained. Tired. Pretty much how I felt.