~Chapter 11~

×Jaedens pov×

     The crisp November air sent shivers down my spine as I watched her walk away and slam the door in between us. I jolted up my stairs hoping to escape this all. Sophia reached out and clutched my shirt collar.

"Jaeden, where are you going?" Sophia called in vain. I knew I didn't even have to say anything, it was quite obvious I was broken.

"I just need to be alone, but you guys can feel free to stay down here and do whatever" I replied trying to sound friendly. 

My soft bed, no longer felt soft. I was in complete discomfort. The petrifying thoughts that flooded my mind were easily too immense for me, yet the most daunting and saddening thought, was the thought of her alone. Y/n was strong, too strong to just let this go, and well being trapped alone with my thoughts was frightful it was also comforting in a way, which never failed to confuse me.

                                                                                              ×Your pov×

     I ran, and ran, not stopping for anything. I no longer knew where I was. My surroundings consisted of dull and deceased trees that towered over me. The sky was grey and emotionless. As I ran further and faster I spotted a familiar house. It was Jacobs. I stood motionless eagerly waiting for someone to answer my knock. 

"Hello y/n, Im guessing your looking for Jacob?" Mrs.Barbers voice laughed. My skin crawled when I heard his name this time. I smiled and nodded, as saying yes would make me feel even more disturbed and guilty. "He's at the field by your house, playing soccer, if you leave now Im sure you'll make it", a friendly grin appeared on her face.

I forced a fake smile, "Thanks Mrs.Barber." As I dashed to the field, I thought about Jacob. Jacob and I had been best friends since we were born, mainly because our moms had been really good friends since high school, though Ill admit we clicked naturally, and getting along with him was never a challenge for me. The first year of high school slightly changed that for us, Jacob became reckless, and while hanging out with bad people, I found my best friends. Jacob still put in little effort to talking to me and I appreciated that. I guess there was a side of Jake I had never seen before, one I wish would just vanish.

The grass was damp and it made my feet cold. In the distance I spotted Jacob. I wiped the remains of any tears that might have been left on my face. I jogged up to the field where he stood and conveniently enough, his soccer ball rolled right to me feet. I placed my foot on top of the ball holding it in place, "Hey Jacob" I hollered, waving him over to me. He ran up to me.

"Hey y/n" Jacob greeted me. "Why did you come to see me? Did you miss me?", he teased. I laughed back trying to look tough.

"Honestly yeah, I do miss you"

He grinned and stepped closer,"Actually?"

"Yeah"

"Well I was gonna ask you if you wanted to come to my house tomorrow for my party?", Jacob ran his fingers through his dark shiny brown hair, smiling sheepishly.

"I think I forgot to specify, I don't miss you, I miss your old self", I slid my foot sneakily underneath the ball and forcibly kicked the ball, causing it to punch him in the face. "What the fuck", he screamed in pain whilst his hand gently felt his cheek that had been hit. His face grew more red with every second. I backed away slowly, waiting to see his response.

"You think your funny?", He hissed, gradually making his way closer to me.

"No, but you do, hurting my friends" I snarled back at Jake trying my hardest to remain vigorous, but if I was being blunt, Ill admit I was a little intimidated and afraid. He looked around at our surroundings, most certainly confirming that no one was close. As my breaths shortened and continuously got deeper each time I was left gasping for air. I took a gigantic breath of the cold,bitter and refreshing November air and as it passed through my lungs for once, this felt real. 

"I hope you know what you just did. He wasn't supposed to tell you. I take it he also told you why I did it?" Jacob continued to walk closer. I looked in his eyes desperately searching for any sign of the Jacob I once knew, and loved. Although I didn't find just that I saw hurt, pain, defeat, broke, suffering in his eyes, for the first time ever.

"Yeah...", I said with empathy, realizing every 'bad' was once good. He wasn't a bad guy he was just bruised. While I continued slowing down, he reached out to grab me. I tripped backwards on a loose rock, causing me to hit my head on the clammy and rigid ground.  A tall boy, that I was definite was Barron, rushed over from underneath the same bleachers we had once sat under together.

"Back off", Barron warned Jacob using his elbow to ever so slightly nudge Jake away from me. "You okay y/n?", Barron asked dangling his head over me. As much as I wanted to assure him I was, I was physically unable, as my eyes flickered in and out of reality. I lifted my head with the last bit of thriving energy I had, Jacob looked sorry, though I wasn't sure if I'd ever be able to forgive him for hurting Jae. The world went black, leaving only me and my thoughts left.

                                                                                              ×Jacobs pov×

          I stared at her laying on the ground still and motionless. She was fighting to even just keep her eyes open, and when they finally shut, I could see a bloody wound on her head. I roared and let out all my sad and hurt. The tall blonde pushed me, causing me to collapse to the ground as well. My wounded face ached. 

"Go home", the boy demanded. I used any remaining bit of strength to pick myself up from off the ground. The walk home was the most painful walk, I had ever experienced, but the most painful thing about all this wasn't even my bloody face, it was what I had done to cause this. There simply was no excuse, this was my fault. I hurt her. Now this was my burden to deal with.

                                                                                            ×Barrons pov×

    I lifted y/n up from off the solid, frosty ground. Her perfect face somehow was able to still, appear perfect even when covered in dirt. She was pretty light and carrying her wasn't very difficult, but instead it was how to get her inside that worried me.