~Chapter 12~

×Barron's pov×

      My grip loosened on her as I gently placed her on the ground. I looked up at the tree, how was I possibly gonna get her up to my room without anyone seeing? I peeked my head through the front doors, the guards were sleeping, just like in those movies. My parents had left hours ago to go to an event, they wouldn't be back until later, which gave me hope. I sprinted quietly back to the tree and once again lifted up her still figure. She looked beautiful. I slipped past the guards and to be safe, used the elevators up. I tenderly placed y/n on my bed. Dark crimson blood dripped from her wounded head. It was a struggle finding the medical supplies I needed without waking any one up but I managed. I propped y/n's head up with a pillow and started cleaning her wound with soap and warm water.

"Barron?", She asked as her eyes opened just enough to see me.

"Shhh, it's okay", I soothingly whispered, making sure she knows everything will be fine.

"What are you doing to my head?" Y/n attempted to slightly lift her head off the pillow. I gently pushed her head back down.

"I'm cleaning your cut, just stay still".

                         ×Y/n pov×

    Barron's touch was gentle and put me to sleep.

"Hey wake up y/n." I opened my eyes. "Sit up." I sat up like Barron told me to. He took a cotton swab and dipped it in some type of ointment. Barron's humane hand reached out and cleaned my wound. He was so close, yet so focused on cleaning me up.

"Thanks for helping me." A faint but visible smile appeared on Barron's kind face.

"Of course", he grinned, still leaning over me. "All done", Barron announced.

"Thank you so much, Dr. Barron", I giggled and teased him. Although he had confirmed he was done, he was still leaning over me. I watched his beauteous eyes as they switched from my eyes to my lips. He definitely wanted to go in for a kiss. He admired me from up close. I knew I shouldn't kiss him, but I had kissed Jaeden and I don't know why, but a part of me felt like I had to make it "fair". Both guys wanted me and that was obvious. His eyes locked on my lips and without hesitation I leaned in for the kiss. I could suddenly feel my body get hot. His lips touched mine and it felt like time stopped. My stomach twisted into knots, but the spicy smell of his cologne was oddly comforting. The kiss was great and his warm lips stayed on mine for awhile until footsteps interrupted. Barron pulled away quickly.

"Hide", he whispered getting into a normal position on his bed. I hid once more, under his bed. A pair of azure heels stepped into Barrons room. 

                                                                                    ×Barrons pov×

      I looked up from my phone screen pretending as if I was actually busy. 

"Barron, Donald and Melania wanted me to check up on you", she said rolling her eyes. 

"Okay, well Im fine", I insisted, hoping she would soon find her way to the door. Her eyes caught something on my bed. Ivanka walked over and ruffled through the medical supplies, that apparently I had forgotten to hide. She picked up a bottle of peroxide and gave me a weird look.

"So whats all this for?", Ivanka taunted as she released the peroxide from her grip, letting it fall back on my bed. What was I supposed to tell her that I needed to clean up a random girl I had helped, in my room? Who wasn't one bit random to me, but instead all too familiar. "What are you doing with all this anyway Barron?", Ivanka's expression changed and she began too look more serious.

"I cut myself", I brushed her question off, "It's really nothing serious I promise." She clearly didn't have confidence in my answer.

"Can I see the cut?", Ivanka asked with certainty.

"I-I bandaged it up already", I stuttered. I was trapped. What was I gonna tell her? I had no real explanation.

                        ×Your pov×
   I had to do something. After all Barron had helped me, the least I could do was save him from humiliation and possibly worse. I banged my foot, but lightly on the opposite side of the bed. I didn't want her to catch me, but I wanted it to sound close enough to be of concern.

"What was that?", Ivanka asked. Beads of sweat dripped down my forehead as she questioned Barron. What if I had made a mistake?...