~Chapter 21~

Y/n's Pov

      "They are taking her to the hospital." And ironically as he said that, the men carried the bloody bodies on the stretchers. I sat up and watched as they loaded them up on the ambulances, speeding away with their sirens. "She would want us to stay with her", Jaeden reached out his hand. 

"I know", I sighed taking Jaedens hand.

"I think we should wait in the hospital until her mother gets there", he nodded not letting go of my hand.

"Okay. Your right."

      The sound of beeping on the monitor proved she was alive but her insensible body laying still made it look worse. The doctor walked into the room with a clipboard. 

"Is she going to be okay?", I sprung out of my seat. Jaeden quickly latched onto my hand, but I didn't let him pull me back down to my seat.

"Im sorry ma'am who are you to Sydney?"

"Her best friend", a thin layer of salty water glistened over my eyes.

"Im so sorry", the doctor shook his head while he wrote stuff down on his clipboard. "I cant release any information to non- immediate family."

"Im pretty much her sister! If you asked her she would agree-", Jaeden whispered something and tugged at my hand once more, and once again I didn't even acknowledge his presence.

"Ma'am I don't doubt it, but until her mother gets here your just going to have to wait, there is nothing I can do about it."

I sat there and stared at Sydney, the sound of her monitor gaining speed. Her eyes fluttered open, than shut again until finally her eyes were completely open.

"Sydney?", I softly mumbled, placing my hand on top of hers.

"Y/n", she slightly smiled. Sydneys mother bursted into the room.

"Sweetie, are you okay?", she cried as she cupped Sydneys wounded face in her hands.

"She was stabbed 3 times in the stomach by who authorities believe was Nicholas. It also looks as though he had fought her causing her a broken arm." Sydneys mother looked at the doctor with anger streaming through her eyes. Sydney was so out of it that she neither denied or confirmed his statement.

"So wheres this boy then?"

"Im afraid he passed away in the hospital", the doctor muttered under his breath as he handed Sydney a cup of water. Nicholas was dead. For one moment I almost felt like crying, although what he had did to my friend was so gruesome. 

"I have to use the washroom", I murmured quietly  squeezing Jaedens hand back, then leaving. Truth is, I wanted to find Nic's parents. I was obviously remorsed by what Nic had done, but that didn't mean his family wasn't upset. I had sympathy for his parents. A big part of me thought they had it worse. To find your son like that was one thing,  to find out he tried to kill another person, was another. Only to make things even worse, he was dead. That itself was the hardest thing a parent could go through. They were old and lonely and as hard as I tried, I couldn't even begin to imagine how they felt. Sydney was alive, her mother will get to hold her child and love her, but for them, they now had to bury their own son. The hall was surprisingly calm and collected for a hospital which made it easier to hear the sound of then grieving a few rooms down. I peaked my head in the door. There layed Nicholas's departed and lifeless body. "I'm sorry to intrude", I whispered softly slipping my self through the door. The couple wiped their tears as they squeezed each others hands tighter. "I just wanted to check on you guys", I cleared my throat, in my very best attempt to with hold my tears and sympathy I felt for their loss. "Im so sorry for your loss." The lost dispiriting looks in their eyes were unbearable while they sat close to their dead sons side. 

"We never got to say goodbye", the mother broke once and for all. Her shaky hands covered her face letting go of the "strong" act, but that was okay, because to me being able to admit your not okay and show your vulnerability was stronger than pretending it wasn't there. 

"Not even one last I love you son", the mans voice cracked as a single tear ran down the curves and grooves of his old wrinkly scared skin that more than likely told many stories.

"He knew you loved him", I nodded, accepting defeat in the fact that I could no longer hold back my tears. The woman smiled at me. "Ive got to go now, again, Im so sorry for your loss. Bye", I took a deep breath in as I slipped out of the room. 

"Hey, Y/n, let call a cab home now. I know your tired. Sydney has to stay here for awhile.", Jaeden caught up to me standing in the hall. I nodded.

       "First destination", the cab stopped in front of my house. I sighed taking in what an eventful day it had been. At such point my even just the sight of my house was comforting, which meant something since usually I wanted to be no where near my excuse of a father.

"Thank you", I smiled at the man as our eyes awkwardly met in the mirror. Jaeden stared into my eyes shifting his gaze from my eyes to my lips. It looked as if he wanted to kiss me. "Bye Jae", I spoke fast as I rushed out from the hot and not spacious backseat. 

      "Baby", my mother ran to me at the door, holding me the tightest shes ever held me before. She had always been my world. My best friend. I think one of the things that made our bond so strong was the fact that we both disliked my father. We had always dreamt of one day escaping and while it sounds easy, for us it was hard. We were trapped, but of course many people wouldn't understand that. She was my Lorelai and I admired her. "Im so sorry my baby." I hadn't realized how much I needed a hug from her until I was in her arms.

"She's going to be okay", I breathed in the scent of home which it felt I had been away from for so long. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No", I finally let go of her, "Im tired, I think I'll just head to bed", I smiled at her. Of all people I knew, my mother was the last person I would ever have to pretend to be brave around, but I didn't want to cry in front of her or risk running into my dad. I rushed up the stairs and into my room as tears ran down my face. Although I knew Sydney was going to be okay, I had lost an old friend today. It was all so scary and I was sure I would go many sleepless nights after walking open eyed into such a bloody and gruesome crime scene. My door shut behind me and when I turned around I didn't expect to see who I did sitting on my bed. "Barron?", I wiped my tears in shock. "What are you doing here?", I took a few steps towards my bed. 

"I wanted to see you. It had been so long. Well, long to me, you know I get lonely at the white house", he chuckled. "I showed up but knew you wouldn't want me to use the door so I came to your balcony but you weren't in here so I just had a nap and waited an-", his expression changed, "Your crying?"