Missed flights

Why was he so stupid to take the train to the airport? Should of taken an cab like normally does or taken his mum up on the offer for a lift. But he insisted he could work on the train, little did he know that there were several hen dos heading to the airport and making and ungodly sound preventing anyone to work. He decides to out away his laptop and enjoy the summers day train journey when the one thing he did not want to hear get announced.

"DUE TO THE HOT WEATHER. THE TRACKS HAVE BEEN WARPED. WE ARE SEEKING ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORT FOR OUR DESTINATIONS AND THE FINAL DESTINATION OF HEATHROW AIRPORT. APOLOGISES FOR THE DELAY" The train driver announces.

Tom sinks into seat, muttering to himself. This is just what he needs, he promised his agent this would be a quick home visit, now a delayed train which means he is going to miss flight and probably miss his audition. He sits there watching the hen party getting more and more drunk, time ticking by so slowly. Eventually an hour passes and they are finally herded on to a coach. Looking at his watch, Tom accepts that he will miss his flights and decides to bare the wrath of his agent.

"Hi Mike" Tom rubs the back of neck, dripping with sweat. "Yeah I know I said I would be fine but there's been a slight problem with the trains. Please can you rearrange my flight. We are about 30 minutes from the airport so the next would should be fine"

"Tom!" Mike exclaims "I knew this would happen" they both laugh "fine I'll rearrange your flight and your car and your audition. See you in LA"

"Thanks Mike. Love youuuu" he jokes with his agent hanging the phone up.

Eventually they reach the airport, Tom races towards the check in desk making sure not to miss this one as well or Mike will actually kill him. Once he is the safety of duty free he heads to the closest bar to his gate.

"Hi, I'm Charlie. What can I get you?" The barman greets him with a smile.

"Hey mate. Tom. Urm" he checks out the menu on the bar "I'll get a Johnnie Walker black on the rocks please " Charlie smiles at him and prepares his drink for him.  Placing down a navy napkin and then a crystal whiskey glass with two cubes in it. "Thanks mate" he places down a £10 note "keep the change" he helps himself to the popcorn in the bar.

Every now and then he checks his match to make sure he hasn't missed this flight. If he's not checking his watch, he's checking the check in board. His flight is still not boarding. When he's not checking these two he's watching the tennis on the flatscreen in the bar. While watching the tv this bleach blonde enters the bar hugging his barman. Can't quite figure out what she is saying but looks distressed. She comes and sits two seats over from him making it easier to hear.

"All for him to shag our neighbour" the blonde says, he almost chokes on his drink "for 3 years" then he does choke on his drink. The blonde turns to stare at him.

"I'm so sorry but 3 years? You're definitely better off" Tom speaks up, the blonde looks over at Charlie who points to Tom and then puts his thumbs to say he's good looking. He chuckles to himself "Sorry I wasn't eavesdropping"

"Charlie get this man a drink" she throws him a half smile as she necks back another glass of scotch. Charlie looks at the stranger sitting across from her.

"Urm I'll get the same" he smiles. Leaning across with his hand out "Tom"

"Nick" she shakes his hand back.

They talk for an hour, but Tom can't think about anything else but how beautiful this woman is. She this confidence that oozes out of her, she would light up any room around her. Eventually she runs off to catch her flight and he just stares at where she's just left, mentally beating himself up that he didn't get her number or where she was going.

"She has that affect does our Nick" Charlie laughs from behind the bar as he polishes a glass "that girl did nothing but support and love that man. This is how he repays her. Disgusting. She needs a good man" he looks at Tom who is still fixated like a young boy in love "don't you have a flight to catch?" Tom looks at the board 2:30 to LAX Boarding.

"Oh shit" he grabs his duffle bag, throwing a 20 on the bar "thanks man" he goes running off to his gate. Charlie just laughs at himself. He just reaches the gate, he apologise over and over to the attendant who takes him to his seat. She smile politely and leaves him to settle. He turns to the person in the seat next to him. Surprised to see Nick. "Oh hey it's you" he smiles at her. His second chance to get to know her more.