Always expect the unexpected.

Nick looks down at her phone vibrating on the top of her piano. She laughs to herself looking at screen still singing and playing.

Kitty Kat Tracey 😸 is calling
Accept | Decline

She slides up her phone, still playing Tracey sings along with her.

"Hey trace what's up?" She slides round in her stool to face her garden.

"Coming over?" He asks her.

"Fucking hell Trace. No hello. No hey" she laughs to herself, grabbing her purse. And keys. "Hey I'm on my way now" sliding her phone back down.

She fills Maggie's bowl up with water and food before heading out. Taking her tablet with her, she just knows at lest two of them will have new design ideas for t shirts. Nick rolls the windows down in her car, lighting up a smoke before heading out. She pulls up to Tracey'a place, she can see Nedarbs busted car out front. Letting herself in she hit with a wave of marijuana smoke. Laughing she announced herself to the boys.

"Hey shitbags" they all laugh at her while Ned hands her a splif. "Thank you my love" she kisses him gently on the cheek as he resumes his game of COD. "Why were you so desperate to get me over here? I might of had plans" she looks at the deadly serious before they all burst out laughing.

"I've got a new design idea" Nedarb speaks up from beside her.

"Right go on then" she pulls her Samsung tablet out of her bag.

"Right. Hear me out. Betty boop. Yeah?" He quickly looks over at her before getting back to the game she nods "but sexy. Like our kind of sexy" he doesn't give her much to go but she knows.

"So covered in tattoos and piercings?" She asked

"Fuck yeah. Knew you'd get it" he laughs still playing his game. She laughs to herself and gets busy at drawing. The splif gets passed around the room, helps her concentrate. About 45 minutes later she pops her head up from drawing.

"Like this neddy" he pauses his game and goes through the designs she's made up for him. Her phone starts to ring in her pocket. Pulling it out. "Two secs guys" she gets up off the sofa taking the splif with her.

Willows Daddy 🐶 is calling
Accept | Decline

"Hey you alright?" She answers the phone

"Yeah I thought were going running today?" Tom asks. Suddenly she remembers her plans from yesterday. Fuck.

"Oh god I'm sorry. A job came up and I won't lie I forgot" why does she feel so guilty? She barely knows this man but she still does. "What are you tonight? I was gonna make some dinner. Come over about 7? Bring willow, mags really likes her" She checks the time on her watch, 5pm now. She's got A little time to finish off the designs. "I'll text you the address" she hangs up before he can say no. She shoots him a text with the info before heading back out to the boys.

"You alright?" Nedarb asks she just nods "this is perfect Nicki. Urm I've transferred you the design fee" she checks her phone, a text from the bank saying there'a been a deposit.

"Thanks hun. Urm" she reads through a text from Rayn. "Urm" she shakes out of her mind, closing her phone putting it back in her bag "Urm I'll get home and finalise these. Then get them printed" she smiles at the boys before heading out.

Once out in the open air, she breathes heavy. The text from Rayn has thrown her off.

Rayn Drops ☔️
I'm coming for you. This is not over.

Panicking now she doesn't know what to do now. What include Tom in mess he has no business in?  If she tells the boys they'd cut him from ear to ear and throw him back on the streets. Her mum is probably drunk in a ditch somewhere, pinning after her father who left her years ago. She is on her own for this. Before she knows Nick is back home, no idea how she got here probably ran every red light.

As Nick enters, Maggie comes running up to her. She plays with him in the floor for a little bit, before setting her tablet up in the kitchen. Playing a little music and rolling a joint, she opens the patio doors to let in fresh air and the last heat of the summer night. She smokes as she designs, getting those creative juices flowing. Quickly the design process becomes monotonous and her mind floats to other things. She thinks about his eyes, she thinks about those perfect eyes, those perfect eyes that pierces her soul everytime he looks at her. She thinks about that smile, that perfect smile, everytime he smiles at her, she feels butterfly's fill her stomach. Lastly she thinks about his touch, that electric touch, everytime he touches her heart skips a beat. She forgets who she is in that spilt second when he touches her.

Nick thinks about what it would be like to have his body pressed against hers. What it would be like to have his sweaty bare skin pressed up against hers. To have that perfect mouth leaving kisses all down her spine. Getting lost in her own mind she doesn't even realise the time until the buzzer for the gate has been going off for a couple minutes. She answer the phone.

"Hey sorry" she presses the buzzer and watches on the small screen as he pulls into her driveway. Nick runs over to the door with joint in mouth to greet him. "Hey" willow comes bursting in, her and Maggie play in the garden together. Tom pulls her in for hug. Those previous thoughts comes rushing back.

"Hey!" He walks into her home. Looking impressed.

"Sorry about earlier. My memory is terrible" she guides him over to the kitchen. "Urm is pasta alright? I was going to shopping but I caught up designing" Nick puts the joint out in the ashtray in the garden before pulling pans out from the cupboards.

"Yeah that's fine by me" he smiles, spinning her tablet round to look at her designs. "Did you do these?" She looks back over her shoulder nodding. Before getting back to cooking. "These are really beautiful" she just softly laughs while stirring "do you anything to give to willow completely forgot to feed her"

"Yeah sure sweetie. The cupboard above me has a spare bowl in it and that one on the end has food dry and wet" she smiles.

Tom moves to the end of the kitchen to grab the dry food, he stretches over her to get the bowl. For a moment their bodies touch and it takes all her power not to kiss him. Not to live out those fantasies. He takes in her scent, high of the smell. He should of kissed her, he thinks.