Follower

"Are you stalking me?" She jokes with Tom as he sits down. He turns his phone off and pulls out a book.

"I should ask you the same question" he winks at her.

They both sit there peacefully reading their books, comfortable in each other's company already. After while Nick decides to watch a film, reading is giving her eye ache when Tom nudges her.

"Hey what you watching?" He asks. She smiles softly at him, pushing her bleach blonde locks behind her ears. Revealing heavily pierced ears and what looks like a small rose tattooed on the side of her face. Close to her right ear.

"Urm Aliens. Why?" She giggles "wanna watch?" He nods smiling she pulls out a headphone splitter from her bag. They both plug their headphones in and settle down.

Half way through the film, Tom feels something in his shoulder looking down. He sees Nick has fallen asleep on his shoulder, Tom laughs quietly and gets back to watching the film. By the sounds of it she has had an emotionally draining day, Nick could do with the rest so he lets her. He gets checking on her every now and then, she looks so peaceful sleeping like an angel. Once more Tom can't help but admire her beauty. They hit a patch of turbulence waking her from her slumber. Realising what she has been doing she quickly moves back over into her chair.

"Oh my god so sorry" she straightens herself up taking a sip from her water bottle. "How cliche sleeping on the cute guy next to me" she laughs it off but Tom feels butterfly's when she calls him cute.

"Don't worry about it. It's not every day a cute blonde falls asleep on your shoulder" he winks at before handing her a glass of scotch "they don't have Johnnie but it's jack. Not that bad"

She laughs softly taking a sip, checking inflight map she can see they only 30 minutes from landing. Nick cannot wait to get home and go for a run with her dog. The only thing that brings her peace.

"Oh god" she does her best to stretch out all the aches. "I never sleep on planes. That's weird" she looks over at him smiling to himself. Why does she feel such comfort in a man she barely knows.

They keep each other company through customs, he makes her laugh more than anyone's ever made her laugh before. He is like a breathe of fresh air when she had been living in smog. Shame she would never see the man again. Nick kinda liked this, telling a stranger things she would never tell anyone in the great confidence she would see never him again. Besides the two live completely different lives, their paths would never cross again.

"So it was really great spending this flight with you but I am going to bounce" she smiles at him as they reach the lifts "I am going to go get my car. But yeah it was nice" she gives him a half hug before taking the lift down to the parking lot.

Tom stands in the same place she just left him, still in shock that she just left. He was really hoping to get her number, maybe even see he again but she had other plans. He walks out front to grab a cab to head home, as they hit the freeway he sees a big blacked out g wagon coming up the side of the cab. He looks out of his window to see Nick behind the drivers seat singing her heart out. Was this going to be the extent of their friendship? Passing each other on the freeway. How can he forget that face?

Nick walks up to the door of her dog sitter, knocking twice before she can hear barking dogs behind the door. The door opens, Emma stands behind.

"Nicki, come in darling. I'm so sorry about you and Rayn. I'll get Maggies things" her dog siting goes running off to collect her dogs back. As she exits the room her big black Labrador comes bounding in from the garden. Nick sits on the ground as Maggie comes running over to her.