A blissful moment.

"Soo" Jay speaks, breaking the morning silence, tracing her bare spine with his index finger. Nick giggles softly into the pillow, turning to face him smiling.

"So?" Nick laughs proping herself up on her elbow, using the sheet to cover her chest.

"I've been thinking" Jay falls on his back, looking up at the ceiling, Nick traces the lines on his chest with long nails.

"Dangerous" she jokes with him, trying to break the tension of what is going to come out of his beautiful mouth next.

"shut up" he gently hits her arm with the back of his as they laugh together. Turning his head to looks at Nick's smiling face "I know it might not be my place but I've thinking about you said on our first date about you hurt someone. And urm" he pauses "and urm well I was thinking that maybe you could tell me what you did?" He looks her, was not what she expected to come out of his mouth "you know everything about my past"

"Ok ok" Nick props herself up on both elbows, moving her right hand to rest on his chest "I think that's fair. Ok so to give you a brief overview. I am a recovering alcoholic and drug user. But this isn't my first time trying to get clean. I was with this guy, Tom, for a few months and he cheated. That was like a trigger, my drinking went off the charts and I got into a bar fight, then arrested and when I called my friend to bail me out. She brought him. This brought us back together kinda and then my crack addict mother. That was the wake up call I needed to get clean and he supported me. After a few ups and downs I was finally 6 months clean and we were strong. My friends that I design for went on tour and I went with. It was more like a road trip we always did it. And I broke, I drank, like I went full blackout and there's this guy, Gus. We hooked up a couple times when I was single, I always thought that were just really good friends but he told me he loved me and I just did nothing. I didn't shut it down, all I did was tell him I didn't cheat. Just to add I was high as kite at this point. Apparently we were flirting the whole tour" Nick explains her history with Tom.

"Apparently?" Jay asks, listening contently.

"Urm" Nick laughs softly to herself "Apparently I am a flirt"

"Never" Jay jokes with her, he winks.

"Well like I said I thought we were just friends but apparently not. The more I drank and got high I started ignore calls and texts. Then on the second to last night Gus came into my hotel room. And I didn't stop him, I think more anything I tried to convince myself more than anything. I didn't sleep with him, we fell asleep on top of the covers full dressed high on xanax. But when I got home, I didn't know how to tell Tom, I didn't know how to tell him I broke sobriety again" she tears up "I didn't know how to tell him that I shared a bed with Gus" tears rolls down her face. Jay wipes them away. "So I didn't, I think I was always going to but I didn't know how to. But my friend Layla, decided to change that. After she got upset that our friends always favoured me, Layla told everyone what had happened. Tom left and I haven't spoke to him since. I was always going to tell him" she looks up at him her eyes filled with tears. "So that is what I'm running from" Jay rubs Nicks bare arms.

"I'm sorry, is that why you've decided to get clean?" Jay asks. Nick nods.

"Yeah, Urm I never wanted to hurt someone again like I hurt Tom"

"Well I'm glad you've got the strength to get clean, a lot of people wouldn't. And I'm happy you trusted me enough to tell Me" Jay comforts her, Nick leans down and kisses him

"So if I ever drop off the face of the Earth for more than 3 days. You know I've slipped up"

"I'll keep that in mind" he kisses her again "and if there's anything I can do to help let me know" he kisses her again. Nick smirks