Bail.

The cold waves hit Nicks board as she bounces up and down with the natural current of the sea. She stares out into the unknown, the place beyond the horizon. It's a cloudy day out in Los Angeles today, perfect day for surfing. Sun not there to blind you. It maybe a good day for it but Nick can't concentrate on the waves. Tom came home late that night, then crashed on the sofa the last couple nights and then the cherry on top of the shitty cake was he left early morning.

They've had arguments, they've had blazing rows but never has he slept on the couch and ignored her. This must be how he feels when she does her own thing and doesn't bother filling him in. The worst thing about the whole thing, Nick was so coked up that night she can't even remember what she did wrong. Not evening thinking she did anything wrong, he bailed. He left her. But what can you do when the person you love the most is destroying themselves and lying about it?

As she drives home from the beach, she doesn't have much hope for what the house will be like when she gets home. If he'll even be there or if his stuff would even be there.

Two Poor Bitch 🙋🏻‍♀️ is calling
Accept | Decline

"Hey hunny" Nick answers the phone sounding sad as she sits at a red light.

"You ok mami?" Layla asks.

"Yeah I guess" Nick rubs her face trying to focus.

"Tom still not talking to you?" She asks.

"Nope. It's stupid argument that he's kept going" Nick pulls into her house. Tom's car is there.

"Did you apologise?" She asks.

"No I've got nothing to apologise for. I did nothing wrong" Nick bites her nail.

"Nickle! Just man up and apologise!" Layla protests "has he left?"

"No he's still here. He slept on the couch the last couple nights and we are practically living in silence. But he's still here. I think if he left to stay at his place I would be really worried" Nick explains staring at her front door through her sunnies.

"That's a positive sign then. I'm going for dinner with Oli tonight. You know the one from the tattoo store?"

"Oh yeah that's great! Lay I gotta go. I think he's home"

"Ok, come by the house later if you like" Layla offers.

Nick hangs up the phone as gets out of the car heading inside.

"Hey" she says as she enters the house.

"Hey. Where you been?" He ask her from the couch.

"Urm I went surfing. I took the dogs out first" She rest her board out in the laundry room. "We talking now?" She asks.

"I don't know. Have you got anything to say?" He retorts.

"Hey I'm not the one who bailed that night. I'm not the one who slept on the couch instead of coming to bed to talk" she stands in the kitchen speaking to him across the room.

"I didn't bail" he snaps back "I need time to breath. What do you want me to say? You're taking drugs again. You're drinking again. Don't even try to fucking lie. I can smell it on you. You are killing yourself and the worst thing is you don't even care" he exclaims. "I'm watching you kill yourself and you think it's all fun and games. I ask you to stop I look like the bad guy because no one else sees it"