The game

"Hello bitches" Nick announces herself entering Tracey living room. The group all turn around and stare at her in completely confusion.

"I thought you were coming home for another month?" Ned asks while Layla as a spoon hanging out of her mouth. Very confused on what's happening.

Nick begins to pace in front of the tv explaining to them what happened in last 24 hours. Occasionally Tracey would hand a joint and she would take a few tokes before passing it back around the circle. This was the only time she was quiet for about 20 minutes.

"The situation is fucked up. She's a fucking glamazon but I hate her and him. Well he just makes so urgh" she sighs in frustration on not being able to get the right words out.

"Oh shit" Layla says. The only words she able to muster up. They all genuinely believed that Tom was the one. They seemed to be a perfect match.

"Yeah and she called me a biker whore" Nick says. Like it was the worst part.

"Well that's it" Charlie stands up putting his arm around "bitch gotta die" the group all start laughing.

"Thanks for the support Charlie" she ruffles his hair before a tall skinny tattooed man walks down the stairs.

"Thanks for letting me use yo" he stops mid sentence looking up to see Nick still standing in the middle of the living room. "Hey I'm Peep" he nods at her before grabbing a drink from the kitchen.

"Hey I'm Nick" she stands there rolling another joint.

Tracey leans over the back of the couch facing Peep.

"Dude this is the chick who does our designs. The one we told you about" Tracey announces. Nick starts laughing as she takes in the first hit.

"You talk about me?" She continues laughing "you're so cute" she pinches his cheek as she walks past into the kitchen to get a drink.

As she reaches the fridge Peep stands there pouring jack into a can of coke. She looks him up and down, this is more her type she winks at him before turning to see what beers are in the fridge. Nick hands him the joint while grabbing two cans. Throwing one at Layla she parks herself next to her. The girls talk about the last month while the boys continue playing Xbox.

"You wanna get sushi?" Layla asks her after 12th beer.

"Don't feel like sushi. What about tacos?" Nick asks.

"Nah what about pizza?" The boys start laughing. Nick and Lay both stare at them "what?"

"You'll both do this for an hour before finally settling on what boys?" Tracey speaks.

"MCDONALDS" the all speak together. They shake their heads.

"In and out?" Layla nods and the girls grab their bags. She leans over peep to grab her phone that's been charging. He takes in the smell of perfume "don't worry boo we will bring you something back" she jokes with him kissing him on the cheek.

As the girls leave Layla whisper to Nick, loud enough for everyone to hear.

"You know sleeping with the skinny one won't help you get over Tom" Layla laughs.

"I know but It'll make me feel better" Nick laughs as they leave the house.

The girls have had barely any time together in the last few months. With Nick's work blowing up with having more and more clients contacting her, her time was split between that and Tom. That left little time for her heads but a new exciting relationship is something to bask in and her friends understood that. They didn't like her any less because of it but now they were just sad for her.

Nick and Layla met her first week out here, Nick had taken a job with a sony records to be the merchandising manager for their artists but only 2 months into the job Nick knew she hated it. Corporate work wasn't for her, she missed designing. After quitting her job, Nick found herself without any motive. When Layla introduced her to the rest of GBC and they start asking for work. To begin with they paid her in weed or other drugs, whatever spare chase they could find. But Nick really bonded with these people and could see that they were going to be big so she didn't sweat the money that much.

This is when she started advertising her skills, taking on other jobs to make money. She'd never tell boys but most of the time they pay she spends it on food for everyone or drinks.

"So what do you think you're gonna do?" Layla asks biting down on a french fry. Nick shrugs her shoulders "he seemed like a good guy. I think you should hear him out" Nick glares at her while Layla innocently sips on her drink.

"Why should I do that? All telling mistress Layla" Nick jokes with her. Eating her burger in her high state gives her the food joys.

"I dunno" she shrugs "just seems like there's more to that conversation. Or maybe you were looking for an excuse to escape"

"Hey. I was happy ok. Why would I want to sabotage that?" She thinks, realising that might be right.

"Because you do. Rayn was a complete disaster and I know you. You think that every guy is dick looking to fuck you over. I just don't think Tom is like that" Nick shakes her head as she eats. Knowing everything that Layla is saying is correct but she just doesn't want to admit it. "Or you know you could sleep with the skinny dude and fuck it all up" Layla laughs shoving french Fry's into her mouth.

"You're a dick" Nick laughs.

After they finish eating, Nick decides to head home, the girl has been awake since 9 am the previous day. The house feels really empty without her Maggie, so she decides to skate over to Emma to grab him. Nick apologises again to Emma for cutting his stay short but promises to pay her the full fee.

"Hey baby. I've missed you" she kisses him on the snout before leading him up and skating back home.

Once home she sees her phone ringing in the piano. Looking down at the screen. She sighs. Answering it.

"Hey you alright?" She asks.

"Yeah I'm good. What you doing?" The voice on the other end asks.

"What am I doing? Im doing nothing. You wanna come over?"

"Yeah I'll be there in 20"

The line goes dead. Nick smiles to herself before feeding Maggie. Pouring herself a big class of scotch she sits down at the piano and starts to play. Words just come to her, she's never claimed to write songs but they just come to her sometimes.

"I guess you didn't mean what you wrote in those songs about me. You said forever but now I drive alo" her singing it cut short but the gate buzzing. Running over bare foot to the screen smiling to herself she buzzed him in. Shortly after there is a gentle knock at the front door. "Hey you" she opens the door.

"Hey boo" Peep looks down smiling, Nick takes his coat throwing it on the couch. He pulls her in for a kiss. Two can play at this game.