Dick's Recovery

💙💎**Chapter 18** (Some of my chapters are getting more views than others so I'm not sure if it's a wattpad glitch or if it's readers skipping chapters by accident but make sure you read all chapters because very soon it will start to get very confusing**💙💎

Today is March 14th, It's been 5 days since the attack, and Dick was finally released from the hospital about 30 minutes ago. But instead of going home, he tells Starfire to drive him to the tower to have a meeting with all of us. "Rae are you ready?" I come out of my thoughts to see my husband holding the door open for me. I nod my head and walk into the garage. We get into the car and drive off into the pouring rain.

     "Do you know what he wants to talk about?" I ask. But I get no response. "Gar?" I say trying to get his attention. "I'm sorry Rae, what did you say?" he asks as he looks at me. "Is something wrong? You seem kinda out of it" I say as I rest my hand on his arm. "Yeah baby I'm ok" he says as he kisses my hand. We finally arrive at the tower and he pulls in under the garage. "Rae?" I turn my head as my husband calls my name.

    "Hm?" I answer. "...never mind" he says as he looks away from me. 'Weird?' I think to myself. We get out of the car and walk into the elevator as we feel it move up. We hear the elevator ding as it reaches the main floor. "Welcome friends" Starfire says as she greets us. "So now will you tell us what you called this meeting for?" Jason says as he walks over into the living room. We all sit down on the couch as we watch Starfire move Dick in his wheel chair to where he's facing us, still bruised and bandaged up.

    "Shall we now start the meeting? I am getting the anxiety from the unknown subject" Starfire says as she sits down. "Ive ordered a meeting because it's time that we be honest with you... first of all, you all know what happened to me... but it's not only me that the Joker is after" Dick says in a monotone voice, causing Starfire to gasp. "What?" Cyborg says. "He wants me too" I snap my head to side as I look at my husband, in shock. "What's going on?" I ask as I stare him in his green eyes, causing him to look away from me.

   "—Wait what? What does Joker want with the both of you?" Jason asks. "He wants us as apprentices... I told him no and there were consequences" Dick says as he looks down. "When did all of this happen?" I ask. "Not even a week after he broke out of prison, he came to Beast Boy first" Dick answers. "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask as I look at Garfield. "The last thing you needed to be worried about was me" he says as he looks down at my belly... at Emerson.

       "Out of all of the Titans why the both of you?" Cyborg asks. "Because we have a family" Garfield answers. "Dick denied his offer and nearly lost his life... friend Beast Boy what will you do?" Starfire asks. "... I think I should go with him" he says quietly. "WHAT!?!" Everyone shouts except me and Dick "If I go, he won't hurt anyone else" My husband answers. "You're not going" I snap. "—Rae" he starts but then I interrupt "It's too dangerous." "Raven it's too dangerous if I stay" he says back to me.

"What if we trick him?" Cyborg says. "Trick him how?" Jason asks. "Like make him think that Beast Boy is on his side and then when Beast Boy finds out his hiding spot we'll raid it with police and lock him up" Cyborg explains. "That's a good plan... if you want to be shot in the forehead" Jason snaps. "He's right, Joker would just have me killed" Garfield sighs. "Then what will we do?" Starfire asks. "It's not like I have much of a choice... I have to go" my husband says with frustration filling his voice.

"B... how long do you think you'll have to stay?" Cyborg asks. "A few months...maybe more" Garfield answers as he puts his hand on mine. I snatch my hand out from under his and I place it in my lap as a sigh leaves his lips. "This is going to end in a blood bath" Jason says nonchalantly. "Thanks Jason" Garfield snaps. "What do you want me to do? Lie about it? Either way you're taking a risk, telling him no will get you killed, going with him will get you killed or in prison— even when you're in prison he'll pay someone off to kill you" Jason snaps back.