My First Appointment

Today is January 8th, I'm officially 8 weeks pregnant. Garfield has been driving me nuts since yesterday, he's so excited about the doctor's appointment I have today with my OB (Obstetrician). But I can't blame him, I'm pretty excited about seeing the baby too. "Babe are you ready to go?" I hear Garfield ask while coming into the room. "Yeah I'm ready" I say as I get off the bed. We go downstairs and into the garage. I get into the passenger seat of the car while Garfield gets into the driver seat.
**20 Minutes Later**
    We finally pull up in the parking lot of the small clinic. We both get out of the car and walk into the clinic. "I think we go sign in" I say quietly as I look around the waiting room full of pregnant women, varying in months of their pregnancy. "I'll wait out here" he says as he kisses the top of my head and walks over to the seats. I walk into the small room and sit down as the office worker hands me a clipboard full of papers.
**15 minutes later**
I walk out of the small office and into the lobby to see Garfield on his phone with an empty seat beside him. "I had to fill out so much paper work" I say while sitting down beside him. "Yeah it looks busy in here too" he says as he puts his arm around the back of my chair. "Marissa Clemington" One of the nurses call while opening a door. We both watch as the patient stands and starts walking towards the nurse, and by looking at her side profile, I can definitely tell she's carrying twins.
**15 Minutes Later**
"Raven Logan" the nurse calls out unexpectedly. I look at Garfield and then we both stand up. "Is that you sweetheart?" The nurse asks as I approach her. "Yes ma'am" I say as I walk through the door. "Can you step on the scale for me?" She asks nicely. I step on the scale for it to read '125.7 lbs' (57 kg). "You can step down now dear, how tall are you?" She asks. "5'3"" I reply back to her. "Alright, follow me" she says while leading us down a long hallway. "This is your room, the Phlebotomist and Doctor will be right with you" she says while opening the door to the room for us. "Thank you" we both say.

As she shuts the door, Garfield and I both look around the medium sized room. I sit on the bed to see leg stirrups and my eyes grow wide. Garfield let's out a laugh. "This is going to be so awkward" I groan. That's when the nurse walks in.

    "Mrs

"Mrs. Logan" she says, almost as a question. "Yes ma'am" I reply. "It's nice to meet you, I'm Nurse Emily" she says as she holds out her hand. "It's nice to meet you too" I say back to her as I shake her hand. "You must be Mr. Logan correct?" She says while reaching her hand out towards my husband. "Yes ma'am, nice to meet you" he says while shaking her hand. She turns back to me and says "Is it ok if our Phlebotomist comes to draw some of your blood? We are testing it for any abnormalities such as STD's and STI's, we will also use it to confirm your pregnancy."
      "That's fine" I say back to her as another woman walks into the room. "Hi Mrs. Logan, I'm Laine, is it ok if I take some blood" the Phlebotomist says while walking near me. I hold out my arm and she lifts up my sleeve. "Is this your first visit with us?" She asks while rubbing the alcohol swab on my arm. "It is" I say back to her. "Alright your going to feel a little pinch" She says while inserting the needle into my vein. I watch her fill 3 tubes up with blood and she says her farewells. Nurse Emily walks back into the room and says "Could you put this on for us? The Doctor will be in here for a few minutes."
        I nod my head and say "Thank you" as she hands me the gown. Before she leaves the room, she pulls the curtain around the bed to give me some privacy while I change. "They seem pretty nice here" Garfield says on the other side of the curtain. "I agree" I say back to him as I slide the gown on to realize that it's open in the back. I sit back on the bed and I pull the curtain back so I can see my husband.
**10 Minutes Later**
I turn my head towards the door as a very professional man walks in the room.