Thorns

(Hi everyone!! How are all of you doing? I'm sorry I haven't updated my book in a while I've been extremely busy with college. BTW, the video above is a beautiful piano piece and I feel like it sets the tone of this chapter, feel free to listen to this masterpiece as you read xoxo)

Today is June 16th... we have one more day until my husband makes his escape... one more day until hell breaks lose. I haven't seen Garfield since May 24th. Joker has kept him busy with tasks, preparing him for what will happen next. However, we have been video-chatting nonstop. I've spent the last week staying at the tower while they are perfecting their escape plan. Garfield and Lorenzo are giving the other Titans the exact details of what the inside of Joker's chamber looks like so they will know exactly where to go. I feel my phone vibrate, interrupting my thoughts.

                             Garfield 💚

Garfield: Are you home?

Me: Yeah, is something wrong?

Garfield: No, I just wanted to see you. I'll be over in a few hours

Me: Ok, be careful

Speaking of my husband, he's been acting off lately. Just when I thought I was starting to get him back, he throws me off once again. I don't know if it's the stress or if Joker is finally getting to him but he's changing. "Good morning Sunshine" I jump at the sound of Jason's voice. "I didn't know you were coming over today" I reply nonchalantly. "Me neither... where's Hocus Pocus?" He asks as he looks around the living room. "I'm not sure, I actually haven't seen him today" I respond as Jason makes himself at home by opening the refrigerator. "When's the last time you ate?" He asks. "Sometime yesterday" I reply. "Come on, let's go to the Waffle House" He says as he grabs his motorcycle keys. I nod my head and follow him out the door.

**10 Minutes Later**

   "Is that Cyborg's car?" I ask while Jason holds the door open for me. "Looks like it, I think Dickhead is here too" Jason replies, eyeing Dick's SUV. As soon as i walk in, I make eye contact with the Titans. "Friennnnd" Starfire squeals as she flys over to greet me. "Hi Starfire" I say as I return the smile. "Hey Rave, hey Red" Cyborg says as he dabs Jason up. "What's up guys? Come sit with us"  Dick says as he points to the end of the table. "Wow, she's gotten so big" I say as I watch Mar'i hold up her own baby bottle. "I knowwww, mommy's little bumgorf needs to stop growing" Starfire coos at her baby. "Has she shown any signs of having powers yet?" Jason asks. "Her strength is definitely increasing but as far as flying goes I don't think so" Dick responds. "Most Tamaranean's do not fly until the age of 3 years old. Mar'i is 6 months old" Starfire exclaims as she stares at her baby in awe.

    I'm really happy for her and Dick. They have a beautiful family, but it makes me miss my family even more...My family will never be the same again. "How have you been doing Raven?" My attention focuses back on Dick as he speaks. "Fine" I reply. "Yeah I haven't really heard from you in a while" Cyborg adds. "She's doing fine. I'm usually with her everyday" Jason says, covering for me. Thank you for coming up with an excuse and not telling them how I've really been... "Well that's good that you haven't been alone" Cyborg says with a smile and I return the favor. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and look down to see that I have 5 missed texts from my husband and 2 missed calls. I turn my head to Jason as he's looking down at my phone and he nods his head. "I forgot I have something important to do at home, rain check?" I say as I look at the other Titans. "Wanna me up at the tower?" Dick asks and I nod my head. "I'll see you in a little bit" I reply and I leave the table.

    I quickly exit the Waffle House and I teleport myself into the living room. I jump as my husband's large frame appears in front of me. "Raven, I've called and texted you and you didn't answer" he says as he looks down at me. "I know I'm sorry. I went out with Jason and the other Titans" I explained. "You scared me, I was worried about you" He responds. "I'm sorry" I reply. "It's ok... I'm sorry too" he says quietly. "For what?" I ask. "I haven't came to see you in a in a few weeks..." he says solemnly. "You're busy, that's not your fault" I say reassuringly. "It feels like it is, I've really missed you" he says as he gently wraps his arms around me. "I've missed you too" I say quietly as I let myself sink into his muscular body. "Where's Emerson?" He asks. "I don't know... I haven't seen him today" I say as a loud noise comes from upstairs. "What was that?"  Ask as my husband gently pulls away. "Something fell on the floor, stay down here" My husband states as he makes his way upstairs with me following close behind. "Raven" he groans but I say nothing—that's when he stops at Emerson's room.