BACK STORY

If you had not read the first story I'd recommend reading that so everything makes sense!

But let's say your stubborn and dont want to read the story, I'll give you a recap. If you dont care about the recap or the other actual story, just go to the next chapter.

Basically Carter was abused by Damon Salvatore and then locked her in a prison world with Kai. Carter being human (and a witch bc in this story your aloud to compel witches🙄) Damon compelled all of her memories away, only leaving her with name and her worst fear. Damon thought it was being left alone, but it was actually abuse. I know right, who knew? Anyway a few months alone Carter finally meets Kai, they were insecure, mostly. Carter stick around because she had no one else and she knew absolutely nothing. Kai stuck around because Carter was the stupid, dumb, adorable girl to keep him company.

While later, Bonnie and Damon arrive. Damon held Carter against the wall giving her a weird feeling because her feelings from him were showing. Kai forced Damon to compel Carters memories back, meaning Kai was getting close to Bonnie and they had a few juicy fights about it. Then they got out, and if I'm being honest I totally forgot how, you'll just have to read and find out!

So basically they get back to the real world and they go to Chicago, they both turn into vampires, they bond and you'll have to read about that. Damon gets them to come back home, which they are friends now, Carter got over it.

So after they got back, they broke up. Carter turned off her humanity and convinced Damon to aswell, her and Damon had some fun and about 6-7 months later she turned it back on. Two people it took to help her turn it on, Kai, and her mother, Lexi.

After she turned it on Kai and her got dirty and she started having tummy problems but they overlooked that. Then Carters birthday came, Kai and Damon were both drunk and they got into a fight. Carter trying to break it up, Damon dug his hand into her chest and killed her.

Like dead.

As in no heart.

Also, she was a lot stronger the Klaus if that helps you with this.

But she dead.

Anyway, Kai turned off his humanity and about another 6 months later she rose from the dead by the one and the only, Bonnie Bennett. Little did Carter know, she was pregnant when she died, killing the baby. She went and made Kai turned his humanity back on after a long month.

So while Carter was dead, she was in hell, obviously. She was a tribrid, which I forgot to mention earlier. But while she was in hell she was obviously going through hell. Pain, worst fears, and just torture in general. So when Bonnie brought her out she cheated death. So whenever she falls asleep the devil gives her a night terror.

Anyway, they went to go away for a year because every year they had gotten together something went wrong, so they left. On the plane to Europe they found out that if Carter was linked to someone the terrors would go to them instead of her. So they linked her to some guy on the plane and she never got terrors again, for all we know.

They baught a tiny apartment above a bar in Europe, even though they weren't always there they always had some place to go back to. After about 3 months of traveling they went down and did an elephant safari where Kai proposed, Carter obviously expected.

I am going to be picking up 11 months into their trip. Hope you all Enjoy!