Lost Life

I woke up to the sound of commotion running through the door. I looked behind me at the door and saw the guys enter. Stefan looked defeated and hurt, while Damon looked upset but pleased with himself. I couldn't read the look on Malachais face. It's like he didnt know what to say or do with the night that just happened. I stood up and walked toward them asking what happened.

"Mother died." Damon said looking at me like it was nothing, I looked at Stefan and his eyes were watery.

"Stefan..." I said taking a step closer, he slightly put his hand up.

"Don't Carter. Just leave me for now." I nodded then looked at Malachai, he smiled very weakly and forced as he came to sit on the couch.

"Where are the girls?" He asked.

"They mentioned something about going back to Whitmore..."

"Then let's head upstairs, we have a room and everything that I've wanted to show you." He said leading me up the stairs, I followed willingly and saw two white cribs in our dark blue room.

"Malachai.." I said as my hand slowly drew over my mouth.

"You like?" He whispered as he kissed my temple, I nodded and he got into bed. When I crawled in he cuddled into me on his side, his arm laying over my side and hand on my lower back. My leg stretched over his and my hand was on his chest.

"Are you ok?" I asked looking up at him.

"I mean you were with her for a few weeks... I can imagine you grew close to her and the heretics."

"I mean I didnt want her to die, when she started to desiccate up to her chest I walked out of the room."

I nodded, "How did the boys take it?"

"Damon was being a dick to her all day." He sighed.

"Well yeah it makes sense. She was the first women to ever break his heart, he was 17. She definitely wasnt the last to do it either. She means the world to him even though she means nothing to him at the same time."

"Stefan was heartbroken. When Damon said his 'goodbye' he told her to have a good nap. I could almost hear Stefan roll his eyes."

"How did that even happen? Weren't you trying to kill Julian?"

"Yeah, but Mary Louise unlinked them without Lily knowing. Julian asked her to pick between Damon or Valarie and she choose herself thinking it would take him out too. But it didn't. And now we have a bunch of unstable vampires or heretics running around with murder on the mind." He said and I giggled.

"I love you more then you'll ever think, Carter." He whispered as his head lowered to me ear.

"And I love you just as much. I'm happy I'm back." I mumbled as I quickly fell back to sleep.

When I woke up he was already awake, I rolled over and he was brushing his teeth.

"Morning handsome." I said getting onto my feet, I looked at my toes which were slightly gray.

"Malachai... my toes." He spit out his toothpaste vastly and rushed over to me, the whole way over I glared at him.

"What?" He asked.

"Why the hell dont you spit on me like that?" I asked as he leaned down towards my toes. He put his hands on my knees and I got nervous.

"Oh well you cant back out now, Car. You shouldnt have started something you knew you couldn't finish."

"Maybe I didn't know I was starting something I never wanted to finish." I said as I closed my legs, he gave me a disobeyed look and all I did was wink. He smiled but rolled his eyes as he picked up my foot.