Luck?

I woke up in a hospital bed, the bright lights shining in my face through the asleep sky outside. I looked around and saw Malachai holding my hand asleep in a chair he pulled up to my bed. I looked in front of me and saw Damon pacing at the end of my bed.

"Damon..?" I said quietly, I couldn't say it much louder then a whisper even if I wanted to.

"What happened?" I asked, my squinted eyes adjusting to the light around me. He rushed over to me and his face lit up.

"Hey... just rest ok? Dont move to much or get up to fast."

"Why? What happened? Are they ok?" I asked, doing the exact opposite of what he just told me. I sat up more which woke up Malachai, he yawned and then smiled when he saw that I was up.

"They are fine now."

"Ok so why am I in a hospital bed?"

"Because you were slowly dessicating. When you went up to Elena to try and siphon the spell off you blacked out because it doesnt work that way Car. The babies tried too hard to get the magic from Elena and they fed too much from you too fast. Then you blacked out. Your ok now, you're no longer dessicating but you didnt wake up for about 5 days." Malachai said.

"5 days?!" I asked looking between the two.

"Is Elena-"

"Still asleep? Yup." Damon said slowly looking at Malachai, giving him the death stare. Malachai ignored every bit of it and kept his eyes on me.

"Do you feel ok?" He asked rubbing his thumb slowly across my tattoo.

"Yeah... I feel fine now. And you're sure they are all ok? No other problems?"

"Yes, Car. They are perfectly fine. After you fainted they must've felt your magic source go down by a lot and stopped trying so hard to get the magic from Elena."

"Oh. So these babies could literally be the death of me?"

"Hypothetically, yes." Damon said, then he pulled a phone out of his back pocket and handed it to me.

"Now, Mrs. Crazy Pants. Dont brake this one, alright? You smashed your phone at the worst time possible, so keep this one in one piece, got it?" He asked and I nodded. Then he left the room and called someone in the hallway. I drew my attention over to Malachai and smiled, he smiled back, his hand still on mine.

"Hey." I said, he chuckled but said it back.

"Hey. Are you sure your ok? When I ran up to you at the Salvatores you were almost fully gray. No visiting hell before you came back from your 5 day slumber? No memory loss?"

"I'm fine Malachai. Stop worrying so much."

"Sorry, I've watched you die too many times so I kind of get nervous when you disappear on me like this." He said with his stupid smile and adorable giggle.

"Touche. When will I be released?"

"I'm not sure. I can go ask Damon." He stood up and didnt let go of my hand until I was out of his reach. When he walked outside Damon was still on the phone so he stood there. Damon eventually hung up and drew his attention to Malachai.

"Yes, Parker?" He said.

"When is Car released? She was asking."

"Well I will go compel the doctors to run some more tests now that's shes awake and then we will leave."

"But she said she feels fine."

"She always says that. She always has and she probably always will. Just because shes fine doesn't mean that her heart isnt failing." Damon snapped, I knew that it wouldnt hurt Malachai. If anything it put him in his place. Malachai has always had a hard time learning his boundaries, if anything that just helped him back off. Malachai walked back in and sighed.