Darkness

When Bonnie got back and gave everyone their own cup of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, she sat down and I went inside all of their hands at once. Showing them what I did first hand, so I didnt have to explain and cry more then I wanted to today.

"Wow..." Bonnie said as she opened her eyes and took a bite of her now thawed ice cream.

"Yeah it was... bad. I didnt know how to handle it and I still dont know how to deal with it. I dont know if I should call him or let him call me."

"Wait- he hasn't called you yet?" Elena asked.

"No..." I said worried, I didnt know if he was supposed to call me.

"Good lord Carter... this isnt good."

***

It was a few day later, and lucky enough for me it was the day if the wedding. Caroline had a strict schedule for us because Jo's wedding planner was sick. We all were getting ready and it was fun, it was stress free for most of the time. There was all different kinds of fruity juices because me and Jo couldn't have alcohol.

But something had happened... When Damon went to drop off Oscar the other day, he needed so go to his mommy. Elena came with and Lily presented them with the cure, the cure for vampirism. Elena ended up taking it the day before yesterday and Damon has been wanting to take it too, but no one is letting him. I even kind of think it's a bad idea, I mean I've known him forever and he loves being a vampire, he would've never given this up. But I guess this is what love can do to you, change you in ways no one ever expected you to change in. If he takes it I wont try and trick him out of it like Elena and Stefan are trying to do, I'll support him in his decision even if I don't believe it's the best one for him.

Elena said it was nice to be human again, like she was connected to the earth again and had a purpose. I wondered what itd be like to feel human again. Ever since that guy changed me in Chicago. I didnt really mind being a vampire though, it was fun and I could do anything without getting hurt. I was probably the strongest thing on the planet and there was no way in hell I wanted to give that up.

Me and Elena were doing our hair and make up in the Salvatores house. Lily finally let up and disappeared with her heretics. Damon seemed pretty worried about the disappearance but when he told me I felt extra weight lift off of my shoulders. Caroline walked in the room and leaned up against the counter.

"Hey I'm going to go to the venue to fix whatever they are screwing up- Elena the curling iron!" She yelped as Elena went for her makeup beside it.

"Care it's ok, I'm human now, not blind." We all chuckled.

"Well- do you girls need help with anything before I go? The boys are taken care of and all we need to do is get dressed." Caroline said.

"No I think we are good." I said, then my phone rang. I frantically put out my hand and it flew into it, I picked it up.

"Hello?!" I said eagerly.

"Just me Cartie. How are things going over there?" Damon asked.

"Well they started looking up with my phone rang and I thought it was Malachai- then I heard your voice. And now I wish my phone never rang in the first place!" I said with a sigh.

"Aww Cartie! I love you too. Anywho, hows it going?"

"Its going fine, Damon. Everything is fine. As long as you get back here in time for the wedding with a suit, otherwise some of us may lose it." I chuckled.

"Ok well Stefan is bringing me to this house to try and show me how I really want to be. I'll tell you how it goes after the wedding, bye Cartie."

"Good bye Damon." I hung up the phone and held it in my hand. In the hand that had the tattoo I got with Malachai. I got so ragged that he hadn't called me yet I slammed my phone on the floor and watched it shatter.