Destroyed

MALACHAIS POV.

I saw the grey take over her face as the last words she spoke took all of her energy. When she passed she finally looked like peace, which is exactly what I wasnt.

I looked up at Damon who looked broken, he ran off and I ran with him. I compelled the doctors to do an emergency c-section while Damon compelled others to shut down the wing she was in. They all came rushing towards her because I told them to make her top priority and not to let any of them die.

I watched as they cut a line straight across her belly, how they removed one and how she screamed. One was noisy, the older one was, Datrie her name was. Datrie. She moved a lot and they rushed her off into the back if the room to wash her off and wrap her up. They put her inside of a glass crib and rolled it up next to Carter who still laid there peacefully.

Then Azrael came, she was tiny and still. Very little movement, but I heard her heart, which was good. The nurses took Azrael into the back aswell and cleaned her up. They wrapped her and took her into a different room.

"Watch her." I demanded Damon, he nodded and pulled up a chair next to Carter as the doctors cleaned up the mess. I followed the nurses who held Azrael into a nursery with a fee other babies that were hooked up to breathing machines.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked.

"She is three months to early. Everything is wrong with her. Right now she hasn't cried yet, which usually means something really wrong has happened." Just as the nurse said that, Azrael took a deep breath and cried.

"Ok well I stand corrected." She said listening to Azraels lungs.

"Go back with your wife, I will update you later." She instructed. I for once I listened to what she said.

I power walked back to where Carter was. Datrie was whining and Damon seemed confused.

"Why is she crying?" He asked me.

"Probably because shes starving, a month earlier and is supernatural. God knows what powers she has."

"Can I hold her?" He asked looking at Datrie.

"If I can take your chair." I said sitting down in his chair and taking Carters hand. He scoffed with a chuckle and picked up Datrie. She wore a small little hat and was wrapped up in a blanket. When he did he slowly rocked her in his arms, I smiled and he noticed.

"Happy, Parker?" He said with the stupidest and cockyiest smile in the world.

"Surprised, I guess. It's weird to see you caring for a baby that's not yours." I said as I looked back over at Carter.

"Hows the other baby Parker?"

"Not sure. Nurse told me to leave so I did, I didn't want to be in the way." I said keeping my eyes on Carter. Her hand felt hold against my hands.

"You think she'll be ok?" He asked.

"Depends on which 'she' we are talking about." I said still looking at her. I heard a very very very slow heart beat coming from Carter. Once every minute.

"Either of them." He responded still rocking Datrie in his arms.

"Carter... I hope. You can hear her. Slow breaths, slow heart beat. Azrael on the other hand, I still dont know. She was born prematurely and lots of problems come with that. Lung damage, mental illnesses, behavioral problems, hearing loss, she can have internal problems, and the list goes on. If she has all of that it would be easier to just unplug her then let her live with all of that and more."

"How the hell did you learn all of this?"

"The hours I sat next to her reading while trying to keep myself busy without leaving her." I said, then I heard Damon gasp with amazement.