Greatness

Caroline walked through the door.

"Why are these blinds closed?" She asked pulling them open, almost yelling.

"Care! Quiet! They are asleep!" I said putting my finger up to my mouth.

"Oh... sorryyyy." She said sinking her head into her shoulders. She walked over to me and Malachai who were laying in the hospital bed together.

"Want a tip for all this vampire pregnancy thing?" I asked her and she set her hand on the bar attached to the bed.

"More then anything."

"Dont let anyone convince you to have them born earlier then what they are supposed to be. No if it's a week, maybe two, that's fine. But months? Dont do it, otherwise that could happen." I said pointing to the corner of the room at Azrael and Datrie. She looked over at them and started walking, it made me hustle out of bed and I walked next to her.

"What happened?" She whispered.

"She has this thing called Bronchopulmonary dysplasia, it's where the lungs can swell and scar. She will probably only be in the incubator for a month, maybe two. Then she will be on medicine until she gets better."

"But those are on human terms, right? What about supernatural?"

"Well... hopefully she can get better fully, I mean shes a siphon with a werewolf gene. If she decides that when shes older she wants to be a vampire then maybe itll fully heal. We arent sure yet, I mean this is all totally undocumented."

"Do you think they will be like that?"

"Siphons?" I asked, she nodded.

"Maybe... I mean Malachai was the only siphon in his family, if they are Jo's babies and Malachais their uncle then yeah, they might be." She nodded slowly.

"So! Names? Do you have names?"

"Yeah! We do. The one in the incubator is Azrael, and the other is Datrie." When I said this names she looked at me like I was crazy.

"You do realize that they will have these names for the rest of their life, right?" She asked me.

"Caroline!" Bonnie yelled walking into the room, we faced her and I smiled.

"Be nice. Carter, I think they are amazing names." She said with a smile, she walked over towards us but stopped mid way at the two larger holes in the wall. She pointed at it and looked at Malachai, he winked at her and gave her that stupid sexy smirk that would usually make me go wild, except it wasnt for me, it was for her. She smiled back then walked over to us and hugged me.

"Hey." I said over her shoulder.

"Hey, hows the littlest one?" She asked letting go of me.

"Shes doing good considering she was born three months early. I guess being supernatural has its perks, but we dont know if she'll get worse because of it."

"Well if you ever need me to tell you a spell just ask. Are you excited to not be afraid on doing magic anymore?"

"Yeah! I cant stop thinking about it. I'm happy that I can finally be reckless without hurting them."

"Great. Reckless Carter, exactly what we need." Caroline said.

"Excuse her, shes been moody." Bonnie said for Caroline, I nodded.

"Have you heard about what's been happening?" Caroline asked. "About Stefan?"

I nodded, "Yeah... I actually have an idea for that."