Alive

CARTERS POV.

I woke up gasping, my vision hazy at first but then it evened out. My had was on my throat and I heard my heartbeat speed up as my body swung itself forward. I looked to my left and I saw Malachai wake up suddenly from a nap, beside him inside of a tiny glass crib laid one of our babies. The name on it wrote out 'Datrie Parker'. When he did he grabbed my hand so that my attention would focus on him.

"Wheres the other one?" I asked as he brought me into a hug. "Wheres Azrael?" I asked again worried.

"She has someone problems, Cartie." Damon said from the other side of me, it made me shoot around to look at him.

"What kind of problems?" I asked looking in between the two.

"Let me show you..." Malachai said, he grabbed my face and I relaxed so he could show me.

***

When it was over I head tears in my eyes.

"I dont know how to feel..." Was all I could muster up and say.

"Neither do I." Was all he could say.

"How are you feeling?" Damon asked, I looked over at him and nodded.

"Refreshed. I feel up to date and care free. Like I dont have to worry about dying anymore. But I do know I'll have to keep them safe, or at least try my hardest too."

"At least you wont be dying any time soon." Damon said.

"Dont jinx it." Malachai mentioned. We all chuckled. I leaned forward a bit more and grabbed Datrie.

"Well hello." I said and she moved her arms around, like she was punching the air, then her eyes slightly opened. They were a beautiful dark blue with slight green around the pupil.

"She has your eyes." I said with a smile, she curled her tiny little hand around my long skinny index finger, it made me smile even bigger. Then I felt a faint pain in my hand, not enough for me to react but enough for me to notice.

"Why am I surprised." I said to myself, not really expecting an answer.

"You want to go see Azrael?" Malachai asked.

"But isnt she on a breathing machine?"

"Yeah but your magic might help her if you stick your hand in."

"Well what about-"

"Watching Datrie? Damon is really good with her. Right?" Malachai said looking at him, like convincing him to go along with it.

"Yeah! As long as she doesnt take any of my fucking vampirism."

"Damon! Language!"

"What? It's like three hour old!"

"It?!" I said, my voice getting louder.

"Good luck digging yourself out of that hole." Malachai chuckled standing up.

"You are not making it any better for yourself, Malachai." I said handing Damom Datrie. I slowly started getting out of bed watching Damon with Datrie. He looked like a love sick puppy holding her, which is when I relaxed a little. He was occupied, hopefully not thinking about Elena. I knew I could trust him with her and that there was nothing I should be afraid of, but at the same time I didnt want to leave her. Like if she wasnt under my supervision at all times she'd get hurt. Then Malachai grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the room and into his body. My hands were pressed against his body because that's where he pulled them, I smiled and so did he. I closed the door behind him with my foot then he pressed me up against the door.