Never

I opened my eyes and saw his face, Malachais face. He caught me. His hand laid over my my heart.

"Malachai, what are you doing here?"

"I saw you at the top, I knew you'd jump so I came over. Then I saw your hand sink into your chest and that's when the panic set in."

"I still dont understand why you wanted to save me."

"You weren't going to say goodbye?"

"I didnt think I needed to."

"Of course you needed to, just because we broke up doesn't mean we cant be-"

"Be what, be friends? First thing I remember, wakinging up in an empty living room filled with things I didnt know. Six months later, met a great guy, love at first sight you'd say. You were mine and I was yours, remember?"

I pulled away. "What is this?" I asked. I closed the door to the kitchen and used a spell so no one could hear us.

"Malachai, what are we?" I asked again.

He didnt look at me or even reply.

"Nevermind. I forgot guys dont like that question." I took myself out of his arms and continued to make my pancakes.

He forced me to looked at him.
"How about I'm yours and your mine," he paused.

"Then we got married, then we had twins, then I find out you cheated on me, and I still love you, but you just want to be friends, right? Because after everything we've been through, friends is enough? After I just had your child, friends is all we can be. How do you think the girls will react without a complete family? When they are older, and they have to go to separate houses because we couldn't work things out. Because you started to love a girl other than me and thought I was moving on when the complete opposite was happening. So friends? Not gonna happen. Your wife? Always."

"Carter..."

"So this is never going to be over. For the rest of eternity. Because if I see you with another girl, ever, again." I said pushing him up against, I reached up towards his ear.

"I'll kill her. And you wont be able to stop me. I'm the only women who is aloud to love you. I'm the only women who is aloud to touch you in any way shape and form. Me. And no one else." His eyes lot up when I said that. His mischievous smile spread across his face and he leaned in towards me.

"Got it?"

"Got it." He kissed me. I smiled as I pulled away. I looked to the side and glanced at the door. Damon.

"Oh shit."

"What?"

"Well you cheated on me, for one. For two, I compelled Damon to not come after me after I killed myself, then told him to take the girls back home."

"Well then go over and stop him!"

"No shit, babe." I said as I ran over in front of him. His eyes were tired and he was confused.

"The compulsion was a joke, laugh. I never died. The fight me and Malachai had happened, it was real. I told you to get the girls and head out towards the car while I got get Malachai. That's what happened, nothing else." I compelled him to only remember that.

"Hey! Did you find him?"

"Yeah, I did." I said holding out my hand, Malachai grabbed it and stood next to me. The girls were in carriers Damon was holding, he handed them to me and held our bag.

"Well, you ready to go home?" I looked at Malachai, he grinned and was trying to forgive himself for what he did. I nodded.

"Yeah... I'm ready."