Help

I walked in Damon's dorm at 3 in the morning. He was sitting on thouch couch drinking bourbon by himself. I walked in with my hair and clothes soaked like I just swam. My face was soaked from my tears and the rain, I could feel my eyes sag and when I walked in that door Damon looked at me worried. He saw the condition I was in and ran to me immediately.

"Carter! What happened?" He whispered as he grabbed me. I tucked my arms up towards my torso and tried to silent my cry, Bonnie and Elena were sleeping in one of the bedrooms that I saw from his front door.

"Shhhhh..." He whispered stroking my hair softly.

"Come lay down, it's ok, you're gonna be all ok. Just come rest." He said as he lead me to the couch a few paces away. He laid himself down against the arm rest and pulled me down with him, I laid on his chest and he held me close.

"Just go to sleep, Cartie. We will talk in the morning. Just fall asleep." He whispered as I nodded. I felt sick to my stomach, the anxiety was getting to me and I felt terrible about what I just said to him. I couldn't stop crying, it was a silent sob which was good for everyone else, but it only made me want to scream even more.

Until I eventually fell asleep right there in his arm.

I woke up on Damon's couch, I was still on top of him and he was asleep. I looked around, Elena and Bonnje ahd already left. They probably saw us when they left, which is amazing because I just slept with my ex which is also my best friends boyfriend. I just broke up with my fiance and still wearing my wedding ring, and I was pregnant. I looked at my phone and it was 10:36. I had no voicemails, calls or messages from Malachai, maybe everything I said to him let him realize that it was true, when it wasnt. Even though it wasnt true in the slightest bit, I over stepped my boundaries on the words I said and I didnt know how to fix it. I didn't even know if there was a way to fix it, or if I even want to fix it.

I sat up off of Damon's chest and stretched, my arms reaching up in the sky. It woke him up and he sat up towards me and didnt smile like I would've imagined. He just looked at me with sadness in his eyes, like he pitied me.

"What happened Carter. You should never come home crying to me. Especially when your fiance just got back, I wont pressure you to tall to me about it. But what happened." He asked.

"Just, open your mind to me and let me show you. If I talk about it I'll break down again." I said as I put my hands on his cheeks, we closed our eyes and I put the scene is his mind.

"What did I do?" He asked, rain drops dripping down from his hair and onto his face.

"You wanted to sleep with me later into my pregnancy not thinking I could have twins, but did it late enough so that if there was any chance of me having twins you'd still be the leader! God you are so selfish! You never see the good in things and you only think about yourself! God, I feel sorry for you!" I said as my veins ran down my face and turned away from him.

"Dont turn your back on me!" He said as he sped in front of me, blocking my path.

"I should've turned my back in you ages ago!! All you do is think of the bad side of things and never even tried to see the light! It's like you're filled with darkness and I cant be surrounded by that right now!"

"Your right. I see the dark and you see the light. I see the cup as half empty and you see it as room for more. I see lightning as destruction and you see it as a paint that lights up the sky with life. I see cuts and bruises that come with traumatic memories, but all you see are battle scars that prove myself to be strong. I've had so little faith in myself this whole time, and just as I started believing in myself because you gave me all that confidence, you pull it away and start doing all of this bull shit! Because I'm a manipulative, scary, unworthy, psychopathic loser! I I guess that's why I always see the bad in things, and you can say whatever you want about me and what I see. But you can not say I dont see the good in you, because when I look at you it makes me want to forget about who I am and all the bad I've done."