Fear

We sat there for what felt like five minutes but was actually a few hours. He held me as tight as I held him, we needed it. We were both built up with so much anger, fear, sadness and confusion that we didnt know what else to do. I finally pulled away and pushed the damp ends of my hair behind my ear.

"We need to go home... I want to be with Datrie." I said avoiding eye contact, he nodded and held my hand and we ran out of there. Even though it wasnt spoken, we both mentally agreed not to see Azrael again. Her blue, swollen face with puffy eyes and not a rising or falling chast stayed in my mind, I didnt want to see it again.

When we got home Damon was sitting on the couch with Caroline across from him and Stefan standing behind Caroline. Damon slowly cradled Datrie in his arms. I walked over towards him in a slight fast motion and he handed her out to me, I grabbed her under the arms and held he tight and close to my body.

"Carter are you ok?" Stefan asked.

"No, I'm not Stef. Probably wont be for a little bit. If you thought that I'd kill Bonnie before all of this Azrael stuff happened today you better be scared. Because the second I even hear her name when it's not coming out of my mouth, I will cheat and compel you to tell me where she is. And if in feeling dickish enough I'll compel to only remember she was hit by a bus and died. Feel free to go on vervain, I'll probably be able to fight through that too." I said walking back up the stairs with Malachai following close behind me.

When we got into our room he put a hand on my waist on spun me into him, he wrapped his arms around me and held me close to his body.

"Hey, its gonna be all ok. You're gonna be ok in the end, we can get through this." He whispered and I shook my head.

"No. What if we cant? What if I cant? What if we start to move on then Datrie starts sitting up by herself and all I can think about is Azrael, or when she starts crawling, talking, walking! When she starts running or going to school! When she starts learning or when we can see her start to develop a personality! What if I can see Datrie do all of these things and cant stop thinking about Azrael and watch her be able to do all of these things!"

"Then everytime you tell me a out this I'll tell you that shes in a better place! Datrie and Azrael are creatures that we have no idea how the side effects work. They were born vampires, siphons and I bet you they have the werewolf gene. They are amazing, yes! But can be extremely dangerous like you are yourself. Azrael had lung problems, even though she got better extremely fast that's because shes supernatural. Who knows how that could work as she gets older! She is in a better place, shes not burdened by all of our mistakes here." He said holding my head into his chest.

"Why dont we go lay down with Datrie between us, ok?" He asked, I nodded. I laid down and set Datrie in between our torsos as I wrapped my legs between his. I was on my side and he was on his, we were facing each other. My eyes were closed, they got cold from the tears starting to dry up in my eyes.

"I want to marry you." He mumbled, making me open my eyes.

"I want to marry you too, that's why I have this gorgeous stone on my finger." I said slightly lifting up my hand.

"No, not just the 'oh I love you and I'm reminding you I want to get married' this is me telling you I want to get married. Like wedding dress, parties, a babysitter, cake, alchohol, by the end of the month. I want you to be mine officially by the end of the month. Yes sir?"

"Yes sir." I smiled and leaned in to kiss him. I grabbed Datrie and put her on my chest, she laid on her belly and I grabbed my phone. He snuggled into me and put his hand on Datries head.

"So I tell you I'm marrying you by the end of the month and you pull out your phone?"

"Pinterest, sweetie, Pinterest."