CHAPTER 63

Diana

"You okay...oh?" Cody asked as I looked at him distracted before I hid my shaking hand.

"Yeah," I let out breathily as he watched Ryder who was joking around with Wilder as they made to get my bags before turning to me.

"There is a trail up on the hill. Just stick to the east side of the house before you reach the greenhouse. It's marked by twin rose bushes. Go through those it should help sneak you out of the compound. Don't wander far off the trail. It gets fairly dark out there, even though there are no wild animals you could still get lost. It's just about 9. I'll give security a heads up. Do you need anything?" He asked and I shook my head no before handing him my keys and jacket and looking at the two brothers still joking around. "I'll tell them."

"Thanks," I told him before I took off taking a glance back at them just in time as they turned towards the direction I'd taken and I caught the wistful glance Ryder had before he nodded.

But the damage was already done and I promised myself to hurry back as popped in my earphones and started the trek once I found the bushes going on and on till I felt my feet starting to sting and I could no longer hear the noise of the excited teenagers and I finally took a breather and let my thoughts run.

The power that came with the Stone name was definitely not something to be trifled with as it seemed. And this is saying something given the kind of power my family has when all the underground connections are cut. It was both scary and thrilling and I had no idea what came first. And it still amazed me everyday and it seemed that when I thought he couldn't surprise me, he did. He was gentle, loving and definitely loved reminding me that we could always have great sex like the pervert he was, I thought with a wistful smile as I came out to view a clearing and I reduced my steps as my instincts kicked in not allowing me to keep my guard down as I watched the open area.

And yet the only thing I could think of was the man who had claimed me as his. Always so possessive and yet never obsessive. Honestly at this point, I think I was turning into the obsessive one. All had been in my mind when he asked about Jordan was that I would teach her that there was no way she could have a chance with him when she'd gotten as close. Maybe that's why I took off the first chance I got. But I should have realized that he's the only person who could really drive me over the edge, I thought and as if on cue a new song played on my player. Over the edge, Riell ft Conch. I laughed stepping into the clearing. The irony wasn't lost to me.

"Come out. We might as well get this over with," I called out as I stepped at the center and almost immediately I heard a curse and shuffling before a dark figure emerged from the bushes. "Hello, old friend."

"Old friend," the figure scoffed and I bit down a laugh. "Whose your old friend? And who are you calling old?"

"Fine. Do you want me to call you old enemy or old man?" I taunted and I could just about see his eyebrow twitch.

"That's it. I was planning to go easy on you but not anymore. Prepare to feel the wrath of my Shadow Squad, 30 of my best trained men. And they only need half an hour," he said and I mentally facepalmed.

Ambushing me when I was out of it. Did he really understand the meaning of going easy on someone? And Shadow Squad? What kind of name is that? I asked inwardly as more shadows came from behind the trees and I tucked my player into my yoga pants and bound my hair up when a small cloth hit me in the face. Regarding it surprised, I raised the man in front of me an eyebrow before frowning.

"Seriously?"

Sigh, this kind of luck. Not receiving an answer, I could only harrumph annoyed as I covered my eyes and took up a fighting stance when I felt a certain rush of air signalling the first man had rushed towards me.