CHAPTER 45

"Do I have to?"

"Yes."

"No."

Cody and Ethan answered simultaneously and I let out a sigh reaching for my water bottle.

"It's okay if you don't want to come. There is always next time, " Cody said and I gave him a small smile.

"But she's our friend. I know you already never take my side but can't you this once," he said turning Cody and I shake my head amused finally getting the gist of their friendship.

Ethan is the clown of the group. Not the brightest tool in the shed but that's just how he acts just to annoy Ryder. He might also be the playboy of the group given the number of girls you see on his arm but it's one theory I'm yet to prove wrong. Despite the evidence, his character is missing something. Then there is Cody. Mama bear of the group. Nice, quiet boy next door and protects his friends like he would family. He's the glue that holds the friends together, though one might question his love interest. Then is Ryder. Despite my conscending thoughts of much a douche his alter ego is, he's the leader of this little group and I do mean it. I doubt Cody and Ethan can say no to him since he's a tough nut to crack when he makes up his mind unless they beg to differ and I realize that's just my opinion. No one gets away with hurting any of his friends and it hits me they are like brothers, in some weird twisted dysfunctional family way. But maybe it's true if I piece whatever stories Kaylee gives while she's in a good mood.

"You still there," Cody's voice interrupts my trail of thought and I nod before I remember he can't see me. "I know I said it's okay if you don't come but it would be nice to see you."

"Sure. No pressure," I said mumbling the last part to myself before hanging up after promising to think about it and in all honesty, I didn't want to have anything to do with them today or at least for a couple of days.

After yesterday, rather this morning, all I wanted to do was lock myself up where no one would find me for at least some years because I doubted I could live this down but just from that call I knew I'd have to face him sooner or later. Let's just be honest, they are never far from where he is and vice versa. It doesn't help that his face still haunts me. How shock filled his expression as he froze in place staring blatantly at the tell tale wet patch on his white shirt till he broke off trailing his gaze up to me and it didn't help that his gaze stopped at the darker patch of my grey shorts like he couldn't believe it. Honestly I could believe it either and my stomach churned once more as I thought about it. That friendship was obviously wrecked and I had no idea what to think or do.

I hadn't seen him again since that embarrassing ordeal or when he camped outside my room for what must have felt like hours because at some point I was aware Kate and Tony were calling me too. When asked all he had said was that he'd messed up and needed to fix things between us. Weird and I wasn't exactly sure why he'd made that excuse but until he was gone I wasn't planning on leaving my room and the stubborn male didn't either. Though at some point he left giving me enough time to sneak out to come to the gym but even that's only because I asked for a favor from Kaylee to make up an excuse. Well, we tried.

'God Diana, what kind of hole did you dig yourself into now?' I thought with a groan dragging myself to the showers for a quick shower before heading out outside.

"Beauty. Done already?" Alejandro, the male at the desk and the one who ran this gym asked before pecking my cheek and I smiled.

"Yeah. I'm sorry though. You must have lost money in the last couple of hours," I said watching warily as a couple of boys walked heading for the room I was in.

"No worries beauty. I'm having fun taking advantage of your private hours," he teased winking at me and I laughed, even though it was true but I didn't mind.