CHAPTER 71

Diana

"Never again," I groaned dramatically onto Ryder's shoulders and he chuckled pulling his arms around my waist.

"It isn't that bad."

"Yes it is. I feel like I was ran over or something. That is the last time I'll ever get drunk."

"Empty promises," he said with a snicker and I hit his arm before resting my head back on his shoulder.

"It's not. I really won't."

"Sure."

"I'm serious," I argued pulling away and crossing my arms in front of my chest but it was pretty obvious he didn't believe it, and was immensely enjoying this.

"Weren't you the one who baked a red velvet cake just so that you could enjoy Cabernet Sauvignon at the beach last night? Even worse given your condition at the moment," He said and I pouted deflating immediately making him chuckle some more.

"I really wanted to celebrate your birthday."

"Of course you did," he muttered under his breath but I heard making me roll my eyes.

"But it was just so good, with the cocoa flavor and the strawberry syrup.." I rambled on and he smiled a glint flashing in his eyes before I froze feeling as if I'd been electrocuted as a sound similar to the rolling of thunder rang in my ears when his heated gaze grazed my lips.

"Yeah it was."

It was at that moment, I seemed to recall a lot of icing and licking, lips and fingers on skin in a moment of hazy pleasure and bliss, though nothing below the chest due to my great aunt's early visit the night before, when a knuckle brushed on my chest lightly followed by immediate tightening in painful pleasure and I blushed.

"So sensitive," he murmured his gaze still fixated on mine before he stroked my cheek and I awkwardly shied away from him finally remembering where we were.

"I think we've been here long enough," I muttered as I plopped off the counter and almost immediately he was glued to my side and I refrained from rolling my eyes though I made no movement to push him off as I turned to the mirror before the familiar flushing sound filled the room and I stiffened.

A few moments later, a short girl with round glasses around 15, probably in her first year of highschool, darted out of the cubicle farthest from the door, her face flushed and resembled a tomato given how hard she was blushing before washing her hands, though I probably doubt she got the job done and darted out of the room. While I was still in my frozen state trying to figure out when the hell she entered, Ryder lifted his face from my shoulder, amusement glinting in his eyes. He knew there was someone in there when I went through my 1001 monologue of lamenting. Not that I minded but I had seriously thought, that no one was around and that female janitor who had just finished cleaning the washrooms when I barged in, and hatefully glared at me as if I was the greatest bane of her existence, would be the only one to witness the extent of Ryder's domineering personality , to which she had blushed and her glare gained underlying tones of envy.

Honestly I couldn't even fault them. It's not like I insisted on my 'great aunt' visiting early. I hadn't also insisted for him to care excessively to the point of taking me to 'rest' at the nurse's office that soon turned into a zoo with all sorts of girls showing up with strange illnesses even though my 'great aunt' was ending her visit today. And why you ask? Because along with him followed his brother and two musketeers. That and the fact that for some reason, Howard was in the office with some story that he'd been out for some doctor conference to which Susie had replaced him but he has always been a doctor here for the past three years, I was beginning to think the principal didn't have as much authority as I thought. Then again, given that board of directors has a couple of spots with some big shots relative to some of the students, that he really can't afford to agitate, I feel slightly for him. But I didn't surprise me as much. Given the school itself has been named the most, if not one of, prestigious schools and one with a high cutoff, it didn't surprise me. It also explained why the school itself had a lot of students from the old and nouveau rich families than most academies in the area. The three musketeers having at least three generations of wealth, were considered part of the old. So I did what any other person would, turn a blind eye and wait for retribution, and also excuse myself to the washrooms, disregarding those in the office, just to get away from it all. As for why he followed me, only he knows.