CHAPTER 72

The morning air was damp. Despite the sun already making its way up, it felt chilly as it stung my nose every time I inhaled. Maybe it's just me, or those clouds that had appeared out of nowhere. Honestly speaking, the weather seemed to be accompanying my depressed mood as I stared down at my hands. But even if that was true, it was the last thing on my mind. Despite being decked up in warm clothing, they were trembling. Fair and smooth palms, contrasting the honey coloured skin on the white tile. Strong on most days but I doubt I could even hold a pen at the moment and I pursed my lips clenching them suddenly and holding back a whimper at how my nails dug harshly on my skin. Blood. They reeked of blood. As a matter of fact, all of me did. Literally.

The realization made me feel as if a bucket of ice water had just been damped over my head as a chill dropped down my spine and my whole body had joined my hands in their crazy dance. Thump! Thump! My heart beat rapidly, my teeth shuddered chattering against each other and I finally let out a chortled sob. The small sound garnered an immeasurable reaction as the presences nearby moved and someone let out a curse. Suddenly, someone was pulling me into an embrace, concerned voices drifting to my ears as they called my name. The only acknowledgement I could give was a lone tear escaping my eye and cascading down my cheek and all I could do was wonder what exactly happened?

A few hours ago,

"Babydoll?"

One word and my anger and the other not so nice words I had planned in a spun of the moment died out immediately. The subconscious part of my mind immediately pointed out that it was crazy just his much control this particular male had so much control over me that every my father, and grandfather, would probably want to get rid of him. I probably would have cared enough for me to shake that weak wall that reminded me go

"Ray? Is everything okay? Are you still coming back tonight?" I asked hurriedly not even noticing how worried I was till I heard him sigh on the other side and a cold chill seeped into my bones. "Ray..?"

"I just wanted to talk to you," he said and I frowned.

While it was something Ryder would definitely say, something about it just felt off. From his tone and his breathing, I could tell something was wrong. While it could be something that could be described along the lines of intuition, I had just about enough experience to make a deduction.

"Are you hurt?" I blurted out before he could speak once more and the line went silent for a couple of moments before he let out a sigh.

"I'm fine."

"But your breathing.."

"I need your help," he cut me off and I froze for a brief moment before snapping out of it as I frowned but eventually my curiosity overrode my shock.

Over the time we'd been together, we'd somehow come to a compromise of sorts, sticking to mutual respect when it came each other's businesses even if we were not exactly trying to hide, this was the first time he'd openly asked for help. Not that he couldn't call me for help, but even I recognized that the situation couldn't be that simple. And when he told me, I felt like I was paralyzed and in shock to the point I almost dropped, I agreed without a doubt.

And so a quarter hour to 3 in the morning, I was rushing out of the house. Why? Because apparently my boyfriend and his friends got themselves arrested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A couple of minutes before, (after the arrest)

"Is that so?" The baritone voice said as a smug expression appeared on his face and he smirked.

"Yes sir."

"Well I think the boy could use a couple of nights in your facilities to get a couple of teachings on respect," he said receiving a glass of red wine from a voluptuous woman in a skimpy night gown as she threw a leg over his form straddling him on his seat and he smiled.