CHAPTER 18

"My my don't you know how to attract a crowd?" I heard behind me and I tensed as Ryder leant against the counter next to me and I thought against turning my full attention towards him but it didn't stop him from running his gaze over me and I tried to hide my discomfort. But despite this, I couldn't lie to myself. It made me giddy that I had his attention like this.

Why, oh why did you have to jinx tonight Alice, I questioned with a grimace as I swirled the liquid I the glass I was holding, ignoring the nasty voice at the back of my mind reminding me that I should have seen this coming when his name kept coming up every two sentences.

"One don't class me in your level of egoism. If you're here to..," I started furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. Why was he here again? "uh... whatever you're here to do, quit while you're still ahead. And if you're here to buy me a drink, not that you can anyway, I already have one and I'm looking forward to meet the bottom of this glass. Bottoms up."

He laughed. Not the reaction I was expecting but this guy went on to strain my poor heart. I couldn't fall for him no matter what. Call me paranoid or anything but I believe myself prudent in the least. My family had a history of soft-hearted females at least on my mother's side and for the most part all I had was her hair, or the length of it. Maybe that's why we don't get along, I thought before shaking my head trying to shake off the thought. No need for such trivial matters at the moment.

"You are definitely not like anyone I've met here. Then again you're the most gorgeous girl here."

"How many girls has that worked on tonight?"

"None," he said with a shrug.

"Okay, let me rephrase that. How many girls has that worked on ever?"

"Again none?" He said and I rolled my eyes. "Roll your eyes harder. I dare you."

He dares me, does he?  I thought rolling them harder and he chuckled softly.

"Princess, do you think you're cute?"

"Wild and untamable, is more like it," I said flicking my hair and I could have sworn he followed the action more than he needed to and I watched him curiously.

"You tend to space out a lot don't you?" He asked stepping up towards me and I turned towards him.

"Huh?" I asked confused before furrowing my eyebrows in confusion and slight annoyance as he ran the pad of his thumb against my lips and I could feel my eyes flutter slightly before I slapped his hand away. "I'm not one of your girls Stone. Now shoo."

But of course, the guy couldn't take a hint.

"My..," he asked looking adorably confused. I seriously needed to see less of this guy. And what's worse I couldn't believe I let him steal my first kiss. But then again I kissed him back. It was as much my fault as it is his, I thought groaning inwardly as he smirked and I narrowed my eyes eyes at him.

"Now tell me caríno, why would I want to leave someone so intriguing?" He said and I looked at him blankly.

"Sexy, hot as hell, I've been called. Intriguing, that's new," I mused out loud and he chuckled.

"Maybe it's just because I see something others don't."

"Or you are buttering me up so I don't kick your ass for voicing your perverted thoughts," I said and he clutched his chest with a pout.

"And here I was beginning to think you actually like me," he said with a grin and I raised an eyebrow at him. "What!? Can't blame a guy for trying?"

He added and I rolled my eyes hiding my smile as I became aware of the gazes on us. Both friendly and nasty. I was already planning to ditch this guy. I didn't need any more haters than I already had.