CHAPTER 15

Diana

"You okay?" Alice asked as I got to my locker.

"Yeah why?" I asked and she shrugged.

"You seemed really tense when you picked up your phone."

"Don't worry about it," I said and she nodded before closing her locker.

"You know there's a party tomorrow," she said and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"On a school night?"

"It would have been today for all it's worth. Heather's back," she explained and I looked at her confused. "Queen bitch?"

"Not interested," I said and she bit back a laugh.

"You know this might be a good chance to upstage her," she said coming next to me.

"Now why would I want to do that?"

"You didn't know? Heather used to be his girlfriend. And I'm just being nice. She kept the girls away, he gave her popularity of course there's that tidbit that they slept together once. That's why she thinks there are together. It was never official," she said in a hushed whisper making me laugh.

"If she's insecure of me, not that I'm even trying to get on her turf it's not worth it," I said and she saluted me.

"Respect. Anyway, I've got to get to first period. And if it is really not worth it, you should really ask yourself why your still wearing it," she said pointing towards my hand before walking away and I stared at her before looking towards my hand.

Flashback.
"What are we doing here again?"

"We're getting candy, and souvenirs" he said and I watched him curiously.

"I feel like you're using my sweet tooth against me," I accused and he chuckled.

"There's no way you can leave the amusement park with no souvenirs," he said with a grin and I frowned.

"You mean getting stuffed with cotton candy isn't souvenir enough," I whined and he laughed pulling me with him.

"Nope," he said and I pouted following him.

"Fine. But only if I get Batman. What? He has to be the greatest superhero of all time. You have to be crazy if you don't like him," I said and he laughed.

"I never said I didn't."

"But you didn't agree he's the greatest one either," I said and he laughed as we came across the Batman section and he searched around before coming back to me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him surprised as he went down on one knees letting Alyson sit on his thigh as he held out his other hand and the ring in it.

"Humor me," he said and I grinned.

"Yes! Yes! I promise to annoy you forever and ever and ever," I said before looking at him. "You sure you want to take the chance."

I'd almost forgotten about it. Crazy weekend that was, I mused to myself twisting it in my finger deciding it had no meaning whatsoever before I grabbed my books and closing the locker before my world shattered right in front of me.

Or at least it felt like it when the locker door slammed in my face and I swear I heard a crack.

"Oops, sorry I didn't see you there," the scratchy voice said and I frowned clutching my nose as I lifted my eyes to see Henley and I let out a growl.