CHAPTER 32

Good grief, I thought walking into school head down and I groaned inwardly. Alice had warned me just as I was seconds away from school and it had felt like the air had been taken from my lungs. Who would have guessed social media would do that to me?

Yesterday had ended on a good note, well given how you take it. It was crazy how time seemed to whiz so fast while we were together. So much that I was almost late for my shift and he had gone on to surprise me even further as he sat down by the corner with a book not even fazed by the looks of surprise and shock I threw at him before I learnt it wasn't the first time he'd frequented around the place from the other girl who worked in the cafe when she noticed the glances I'd been throwing his way. The next surprise though wasn't for me but rather Tess who immediately glared at me. I didn't understand why though. I didn't invite him for dinner, Kate had. But that was the least of my problems, I realized as I glanced at my phone once again.

Fun times with this one, I repeated again and again in my head yet finding no reason why he would post that along with one of the pictures we'd taken together. And especially that one. It was the most intimate of all and if you knew me well, you'd know I was the one in the picture. My face was barely visible and infact buried into his wet chest. His arms were halfway around me, pulling me towards him with water dripping down from our bodies and hair. I remember being so mad at him when he dropped me in the water clothes and all before bursting out in laughter. Maybe seeing him in the same situation didn't let me feel as bothered and I'd eventually found myself laughing along as we splashed around in the water after putting on the swimsuits and my hair tucked into a hat when Zayn took the picture. Before we finally got out to and dry off, when he'd bought me other clothes to change into. I had no choice but to agree of course, but it made me feel bad that he had to spend on me. Back to my dilemma, half if not all people in the school and most of the world had already seen this picture and as far as I could tell, everything bad was about to fall on me given the subtle glares thrown my way. They already suspected. It was going to be a long day.

"So? Fun times, huh?" Alice asked swooping in out of nowhere and I jumped startled. Good grief, I was never this skittish around people.

"Would you stop doing that?"

"Doing what?"

"Nevermind. Sorry I'm just not in my best game."

"You're worried about Heather?" She said as if she'd just come into realisation.

"Not really," I let out through gritted teeth before she grabbed my hand before pulling me with her and into the girls' washrooms before checking the stalls just to confirm we were really alone.

"What's going on with you?"

"I just.. I don't know. I mean I'm not  an attention seeker, never have been and I doubt I ever will be but...this plague namely Ryder Stone is just spreading way too fast for me."

"Baby girl, love just does that for you."

"I'm not in love with him!?" I snapped before falling back onto the sink and I groaned out loud. "I'm sorry, Alice. I just.."

"Well, well, if it isn't little Miss wannabe," Heather interrupted and we turned to her, one with a glare and the other with a blank look.

"What do you want now, Heather?" Alice asked as I regarded her blankly.

"You always speak for her?"

"No. I can speak for myself but you've proved to be much of an airhead already, I rather not waste my breath any longer than I have to," I said dismissively and I could see her jaw drop slack for a moment as she glared at me.