CHAPTER 25

"Hi, wow.. you look great," Kyle said and I smiled feeling a blush coming on.

"Thanks. You too," I said and he smiled holding his arm out and I took it.

"I still think you should have let me pick you up," he said and I patted his hand.

"No worries I had to commit a quick errand and I figured you didn't need to drive all the way there," I said and he smiled.

"Snacks or tickets? I wasn't sure what you wanted to watch and everything looks good," he said and I chuckled.

"I see what you mean. How about that  one?" I said pointing to one of the charts. "Looks like the right kind of the action and romance."

"Good choice. I'll get the snacks. You okay with the tickets," he offered and I smiled.

"Sure, I'll meet you back here," I said before we went out separate ways.

I'll admit it wasn't weird as I thought but this was the first date that I was at because I didn't have to. Then again there is a reason I try not to get involved with people. I just hoped it wouldn't bite me back.

"Two tickets please," I said absentmindedly as a text from Alice buzzed through asking me about the date but I ignored it.

"Make them three," a familiar voice came from behind and I tensed for a moment before turning around.

"Jaime? Am I dreaming?" I muttered absentmindedly as he grinned and unconsciously I raised my hand pinching his arm.

"Doll, ow! You know you're supposed to pinch yourself idiot?" He muttered rubbing his arm but I was way past that as I threw myself against him.

"I'll kill you for calling me idiot later, but what are you doing here?"

"Can't I just visit my best friend?" He said releasing me and I tapped my chin as if I was thinking hard before musing aloud.

"Knowing you, I'd say there's a catch."

But that seemed to set him off and he grabbed me by the waist twirling me around and I let out a giggle.

"I can't get anything past you. I missed you so much I thought I would die without hearing your beautiful voice again," he said dramatically as he set me down and I rolled my eyes before slapping his arm.

"Idiot, we've been talking on the phone."

"But nothing is like the real deal. And besides you couldn't exactly hug me through the phone now could you?' he teased making me roll my eyes. At this point, I felt like I was surrounded only by people who could sweet talk you into believing you were at the top of the world.

Jaime King was and had been one of the only friends I'd made in my short life. Cocky, arrogant and obsessed with micromanaging me was the only way I knew how to describe him. That and he was way over into his head despite him being 20 days my junior just because he was taller and muscular and some times it always had wondering if he was dropped on his head as a kid since he was a complete nutjob. But either way, he being here wasn't that good, for me or for anyone.

"Now I'm concerned?"

"Relax," he said reaching out behind me to pick the tickets from the male at the counter before pulling me away. Huh, weird, I'd forgotten about the line. "We're here to watch a movie."

"No. I'm here to watch a movie. You invited yourself," I said taking back the tickets and he chuckled nervously as I stared at him. "What's really going on?"

But before he could answer, Kyle had already taken his place next to me and the suave male beside me pulled me behind him and I rolled my eyes.

"What's your business, pretty boy?" He asked almost making the popcorn Kyle was about to hand to me fall.