CHAPTER 28

"Hey, where did you disappear to yesterday? Kyle was looking for you," Alice asked as we sat down in the cafeteria and I shrugged.

"I was just around," I said and she looked at me suspiciously.

"Really? How come I didn't see you."

"I was hiding out," I said and seemingly she had bought it as she and Addie went on to update with the latest gossip.

"By the way, which after school activity are you choosing?" She asked and I looked up at her before taking a sip of the energy drink in my hand.

"I haven't decided yet."

"Don't forget the deadline is on Friday."

"Maybe you should just join the cheerleading team with us."

"Now why would I do that?" I asked over my food as she frowned.

"Yeah Alice. Why would she?" God, this clown show again, I thought rolling my eyes ignoring her.

"No, I'm thinking robotics or something," I said ignoring them and turning to Alice who looked amused yet apprehensive.

"Of course she's a nerd. I'm curious though how did you get Ryder's attention? Neither your education nor your family background is impressive. You're just another nameless person trying to gain attention through gossip. What right do you have to try and seduce my guy? If it weren't for Ryder's reputation you'd be invisible. I wonder how many more people you've whored yourself to or tricked just to benefit from their power? Isn't that true Alice?" She said and I could feel myself tense as I crushed the can in my hand. Was this girl looking to get hurt?

"Heather give it a rest. You're jealous she gained Ryder's attention. Just walk away, Heather?" Alice said defensively and I silently thanked her as I prayed that she'd just walk away before I lost my cool.

"Whatever. I'm just wondering what is so attractive about a whore like you?" She said and honestly she should have listened to Alice as I focused on my food. And that was before she did...it.

She'd managed to slander me so far and in front of all this people. I hadn't retorted but to mess with my hair and one of  the outfits I bought with my own hard money. She'd crossed a line. Who gave her the idea she could insult and bully me any way she liked? I thought getting to my feet and sending two slaps onto both her cheeks and she looked caught off guard and stunned as slap marks streaked her makeup caked cheeks. Recollecting her wits she turned to me angry and pointing a red finger at me.

"You!? Who do you think you are to slap me!?"

"The name is Diana Peters and guess what!? I'll treat you to a drink too," I let out angry as I dumped the opened yet undrunk milk carton on my tray and both her and her cronies looked caught off guard as they looked at me horrified as the chocolate drink dripped down her hair and onto her white designer dress and her expression told me enough. Never met someone who stood up to her.

"Aaah!?" She howled as I heard some snickers and chortled laughs somewhere in the room. "How dare you splash me with milk!?"

"Eeh, you're too skinny. I thought you needed to add some ounces and to teach you not to go so far into bullying others," I said with a shrug and she looked mad as a few snickers rang in the room before she glared all of them shut.

"So what!? You're not the boss of me. I dare you to splash me again!?" She said and I rolled my eyes reaching for Addie's soda can before turning to her.

"You asked for it," I said splashing the orange soda onto her and she screamed horrified and for a moment I felt sorry for her. The result was something around the color of poop, I think.