CHAPTER 19

Aarrgh, I yelled into my pillow curling my body into a foetal position as I clutched my stomach. Now I knew why I had been so irritable since the weekend. Periods and accompanied by waves of cramps every once in a while.

Honestly this was the worst of being a female, at least it was for me, I thought with a groan knowing I'd been awake since around three. And here I thought I was going to a wonderful rest of the week after Heather and her posse steered clear of me yesterday. Who was I kidding? They probably had something to do about the out-of-the-blue periods but I wasn't superstitious. They tended to be irregular. It was a very complicated situation. And a painful one for that matter.

"Honey, are you going to be okay?" Kate called out and I ignored the endearment as I rolled over and faced her.

"I'll probably just order pizza and cry all day," I groaned and I could hear her chuckle.

"That will be probably sadder than it sounds."

"Exactly.'

"Just in case I left some money on the counter and your friend called but I told him you weren't feeling well," she said and I groaned sitting up with an okay as she left the room with a goodbye and I was in a dilemma. Whether to order take out first or to take a bath first.

Deciding I was too lazy to prepare a bath, I ordered pizza before jumping in the shower. It wasn't much but it would calm the heat convulsing under my skin, I thought letting the water cascade down my body wishing it would take my problems away.

It just felt like my life now. Everything I had here felt like a lie. It wasn't supposed to be easy and yet it felt way too easy. From making friends, Eve chatting with me constantly, the new school.. it was all weird and honestly it felt like I was still waiting and dreading for the future to come.

Maybe it's because as it turned out, I liked being here. I liked living a normal life. I liked having a young brother I could take care of, I liked having a family that was always around or friends I could count on to help me live out my life. But this wasn't the life for me. This paradise wouldn't last forever and these new relationships will one day be gone, I thought with a sigh wrapping a towel around my hair and body before getting out of the shower and stopping briefly by the mirror letting the silver locks fall onto my shoulder and I sighed making my way to my closet.

Let's just say I was an adventurous teen, at least as adventurous as I could get, and Alice was more than happy to help explore that side when I told her I wanted a make over yesterday, though I didn't tell her it was always there, given I wasn't supposed to stand out. Well, I don't have to worry about that anymore. Though there is still the question if I should go back to black. Or if I will ever. Probably not. I needed a different signature style, I thought just as I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen. I was craving waffles and bacon. It was the one thing I didn't mind. I was a massive eater when I was on my periods, I thought before a knock on the door disrupted my rythm and I removed the apron heading for the door. That was fast.

"Huh...you know you have to be the worst delivery guy ever. Where's the food?" I whined and the guy in front of me smiled before feigning fear.

"Please don't report me to my manager. I promise to work harder," he said pleadingly and I hid my smile crossing my arms shaking my head in disappointment.

"That's not enough. I'm still hungry," I said and he smirked but before I could question his reaction, I found myself pinned on the wall.

"You don't have to worry about that. I can satisfy your hunger in more ways than one," he whispered in my ear, caressing my cheek.

"W.. what?" I asked looking at him wide-eyed as he took a lock of my hair between his fingers and chuckled  before pecking my cheek and disappearing inside leaving me a flustered mess.