CHAPTER 5

Diana

"She shouldn't have done that."

"I'm glad she did. Someone had to put that bitch in her place some time soon," Jordan said and I refrained from smiling. If she keeps this up she might just be my best friend too, unless she was sucking up to me. She should know by now I hate any sort of bullshit.

"Really? Diana, I'm just looking out for you, when I say, you need to learn to shut up at times. You don't want to mess with them."

'Who are these them we're talking about?' The head b*tch *sorry not sorry* , or rather second-in-command and her posse since the former was not around, so I was told. Who cares they are all the same. I know what you're thinking, cliche but in my defense, I had a super aggressive reaction to bullying, which is weird because I tend to have my moments however small and what better way to get some revenge than kill them with kindness, however fake.

"Sorry, but I act then ask questions later."

"That's seriously all types of wrong. In another alternate universe, it could have gotten you killed or hurt."

"But I'm not."

"Just saying. Many in this school come from money and you don't want to mess with them. Just be careful because honestly, I don't think making enemies on your first day is on your agenda," she said with a sigh and I smiled looking back at my book.

"It wasn't. Then again I'm not much of a planner."

"I don't know if that's worse than Henley glaring holes into your back," she said but I didn't lift my eyes from the page I was on.

"She'll get bored. And fact she's a bitch. She deserves to be put in her place," Jordan said and I glanced briefly at her before turning to Tess.

"Don't worry Tess. I'll keep out of trouble for as long as I can and if not I know I have my guardian angel flanking me," I said nudging her with my elbow and she hid her smile.

"Well, I am incredibly flattered you can think of me as your guardian angel."

"You are, at least till I've mastered the ropes," I said and she glared at me playfully.

"You know, you aren't half as bad as your cousin said."

"Maybe it's because I'm surveying the premises at the moment."

"Yeah right."

Who knew a sole sentence 'Freshmen, could you point me to the cafeteria?', could help us develop a state that would have probably taken years to get to. I mean it took Clara two good years before we could even joke around each other. Nevertheless whatever the reason was I liked it. I was probably not exactly grumbling so much about Eve's decision at least till I met Jordan and I saw the different side to Tess.

The rest of the day pretty much passed in a blur and I came particularly tired. I mean who am I kidding nobody likes school except for those who do. Weird.

"Yes!? I won again!" Darius exclaimed and I pouted hiding my laugh. "Don't worry, you'll win next time."

He said comforting me and I smiled hugging him. This boy was just so adorable.

"It's okay. I'm just so proud of you."

"You're the bestest big sister in the whole world," he said and I forced a small smile but naturally it grew genuine.

"Well, you're the best small brother ever."

"You're not just saying that."

"Of course not. Tell you what I'm in the mood for ice cream. How about we go get some?"

"But we have to go to Alex's house?"

Right, his best friend. And if you thought he was the sweet boy he sounded to be, you're wrong. Not that he was bad or anything, but put those two together and you have your next batch of the terrible two.

"Then we will have to go get him."

"Okay?" He said excited as he climbed off my lap and into the hall.

"He really likes you," I heard Kate's voice and I turned to him surprised.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough. I'm surprised, how did you do that? It took us a couple of months before he could laugh with us or even hug us?"

"You know buttering me up will do nothing right?" I said and her smile faltered slightly.

"It was worth a shot. Listen Diana, I know this was hard. The move and all, and I know it's a reason to be cold and all but you have to try. Your cousin is just looking out for you."

"One, you don't even know the first thing about me. Two, for my own good, would be the last thing you'd say if you knew exactly why I was here, you'd have me back with her," I said storming off before the talks started.

What was with people trying to deal with stuff bigger than all of them, I thought glad to escape as Darius and I left the house and picked up his friend on the way and honestly, it was nearly the best time of my life. I mean they were kids. They didn't judge and their antics were seriously funny.

"Thank you Didi. I had the best time."

"You're welcome buddy," I said helping him take off his jacket and shoes before he rushed off further into the house.

"You guys are back. Did you have fun?" Kate asked.

"Yeah!?" Darius exclaimed before going on to tell her about our evening making me smile. I mean it was an awesome night. I'd even landed a babysitting job I wasn't looking for, I thought with a smile before I excused myself to my room, hoping for some shut eye.

But of course, whoever told me I'd get some sleep had totally lied and realizing I wasn't going to get any soon, I was tiptoeing out of the quiet house for a walk after I realized that the beach was nearby, if I had a car that is but I needed the walk anyway. Maybe it would get me exhausted enough to get some sleep. Or stressed out when you receive unwanted calls that are not exactly unexpected.