Chapter Three

"Are we there yet" Arianna groaned "no. Just relax and stop asking me" Michael replied "how long will we be staying there" "hopefully just a few days. It shouldn't take long to find out who swapped the rings". A few minutes later and they saw a sign on the side of the road that welcomed them to New Orleans. They all looked out of the window while Michael kept driving until he saw a group of tourists. He parked the car and they all got out and joined the group to find out where they could get some help. "Welcome to New Orleans and welcome to the crown jewel of our city, the French Quarter," the tour guide said while walking down the street. Sean ignored everything the tour guide was saying until she said something interesting. "Be careful of the things that lurk in the lurk in the shadows. Monsters that feed on human blood. People who can turn into wolves. And let's not forget, the witches". After the tour guide told everybody to look around and shop Sean walked up to her and asked what she knew. They both sat down on a nearby bench followed by Jayda and Raul so they could hear what was going on. "Who are you," Sean asked "my name is Melinda," she answered "I'm-" "I know who you are. What do you want" "what do you know about the french quarter coven". Bailey sighed and told him everything she knew then she told them how she left the coven after she found out what they did. Then Jayda sat down and asked her what they do and that's when they learned Jayda's story was true. "Where are they. Tell us" Michael said while walking towards them with Arianna "they practice their magic in the hollow ground. Where they are stronger" Melinda said "the cemetery. They are at the cemetery". Before they left they asked Melinda for directions to the cemetery and once that was done they said goodbye and walked away.

After walking for a few minutes Michael looked over at Arianna and went to see how she was feeling with everything that was going on. "Hey. you okay" Michael said to Arianna "yeah I'm fine. Just a little nervous" "how so" "this is all a little too easy" "I was thinking the same thing" "what if we are walking into a trap" "then we will be ready". Their conversation was soon interrupted by Jayda telling them that they arrived at the cemetery. They all walked inside but Raul and Sean couldn't get past the front gate because they are vampires. Michael started laughing while Raul and Sean kept trying to walk inside but they couldn't no matter how hard they tried. "You gotta be kidding me," Sean said "don't you know a spell to come in or something," Michael asked "no I don't so you need to find someone to invite us in. NOW". After Sean said that Michael, Arianna, and Jayda walked away to find someone from the coven to help them. While they were searching for someone Jayda saw two girls walk to the main area of the cemetery. She then told Michael and Raul to follow her then she started walking to where she saw the girls go. Once they caught up to the girls Jayda tapped on the shoulder and said "hello. We need your help". "Jayda. What are you doing here. I thought we banished you" Emma said "I'm not here for you, I'm here for my friends" Jayda replied "what do you want" "who did you give the ring to ten years ago" "what ring" "this one". Then she reached into her bag and pulled out the reverse kyanite ring and held in front of Emma, "recognize this" Jayda asked. Emma's smile faded and she tried to walk away but luckily Jayda grabbed her by the shoulders and made her stop. "Tell me what you know, NOW," Jayda said "alright fine. Calm down" Emma said then sat down and told them what happened.

Meanwhile

Once Jayda and the others left and walked away Sean and Raul sat outside and waited for them to hurry up. While they were waiting for Michael and everyone else Sean turned towards Raul and asked "what is taking so long". "I have no idea" Raul answered "I think I might know a spell to break the seal" Sean said "do you really" "I might have seen a spell like this in my mother's grimoires" "let's try it". They both stood up and walked in front of the gate of the cemetery to try and break down the seal. Sean held both hands out and started chanting over and over while Raul watched and kept guard so nobody would interrupt him. A few minutes later when Sean was about to finish the spell somebody walked up to him and said, "hi there". Sean jumped up with fear and turned around to see who it was but he couldn't recognize the guy in front of him. "Who are you," Sean asked "my name is Dylan. What are you doing" he answered "nothing" "you're lying" "what do you want" "I want you to answer my question" "you don't want to mess with me" "and why is that". Raul could sense that Sean was getting angry because he saw his eyes glow gold for a quick second. Before Raul could do anything Sean walked in front of Dylan and made his eyes glow gold and black veins appear underneath like Raul's. "Is that supposed to scare me" Dylan asked with a smile while Sean made his eyes change back. Then Dylan walked closer to Sean and made his eyes glow gold then made them turn back to brown. "You're a werewolf," Sean said with anger "and you're a werewolf-vampire hybrid" Dylan replied "not exactly. I'm a tribrid. He is the hybrid" Sean said then pointed at Raul. After that Sean explained everything that happened and why they came to New Orleans. Their conversion ended when Dylan checked his phone and told them that he had to leave then he walked away.