Chapter Twenty-Seven

Everyone ate their breakfast and talked and that's when Marcus brought up the merge and how their birthday is today. He explained how their father should be coming soon to prepare for the merge and get the new leader of the Gemini coven. "We aren't letting you merge," said Michael "you don't have a choice," Jasmine said "we are one of the strongest families in the world" "you haven't met my father" "don't worry about him we can handle it" "I don't want you getting hurt". Right after they were done talking Raul handed everyone a glass of bourbon to calm down the twins on their twenty-second birthday. While they were talking and drinking Sean walked over to Jasmine so he could calm her down a little bit more. "I know what you're going through. I went through the same thing," Sean said "yeah but you didn't even merge" Jasmine replied "that's because I killed my mom and half the coven" "I know" "relax and don't think about the merge". Once they finished their drinks Raul poured them a little bit more while talking about how they could avoid the merge and save Jasmine and Marcus. Raul said that they could cast a barrier spell around the twins along with a cloaking spell to keep them safe from the Gemini coven. After he said that Marcus said that it could work but it won't keep them safe from their father and the coven forever. "You don't know our father. A cloaking spell won't stop him," said Jasmine "we have to try something. I won't let you die," Sean said "how do you know I'll die" "I don't but I also don't want you to kill your brother" "there is one way to stop the merge from happening". Then she said if one of the twins died before the merge then there wouldn't be a merge anymore. When she was done explaining Dylan said how he can't let them die at all so they need to come up with a better plan to save them. While they were talking and planning a note magically appeared in Jasmine's right pocket. She opened the note and it was from her father asking to meet with her so she snuck away from everyone else and left the house.

Once they all finished their breakfast and drinks they walked into the living room and sat down next to each other on the couch. As soon as they were all seated Jayden brought up the golden arrow and about their next victims. "You won't believe what I found out," Navi said "what is it," asked Namiyah "Michael isn't the only evolved werewolf" "what are you talking about yes he is" "he created a pack of them with a ritual" "what do we do now". When they finished talking they looked at Jayden for an answer but all she did was roll her eyes and tell them to shut up. Before the two girls could complete their conversation someone started banging on the front door. Jayden got up off the couch and opened the door to her friend Caesar Corton who was standing on the Other Side. "Hello Caesar. How's it going," said Jayden "Hey Jayden. I think I found the spell," Caesar said "where's the spell" "I have it in my pocket. What's this spell for I thought all the phoenixes were killed" "there's one left". Right after she said that they shook hands and that's how the young male witch got a vision of the future. He saw them creating the golden arrow and attacking the Mercados but they weren't very successful. "Are you alright" asked Jayden "I don't know. I just had a vision" Caesar said "what did you see" "I saw us making the arrow" "so how is that a bad thing" "I also saw our demise" "are you sure" "I'm positive". They continued talking about the vision then they began to come up with ways to kill the Mercados and survive. All of them came up with plans and ideas on how they could survive when they attack the Mercados. "I don't think it matters what we do," said Caesar "we can change our fate" Namiyah explained "I don't know but you have to stop" "I don't care what happens we can't stop the plan" "even if it means you die" "yes". Once they finished talking Jayden asked her friend if he could find more witches to help them with the spell. Before he left the house he told his friends to be careful with the Mercados and that's when he left the house.

Jasmine walked around the town square until she found a bench to sit at so she sat down and began worrying. While she was sitting down her father Jerome showed up and sat down on the bench next to her while smiling. "Hello honey," said Jerome "hey dad," Jasmine said "happy birthday. Where's your brother Marcus" "he's safe with some of our new friends" "what new friends" "that's none of your business" "it is. He's my son" "then why do we have to die". Right after she said that Jerome rolled his eyes and told her they have to merge to lead the coven. She rolled her eyes and stood up to go home so Jerome grabbed her by the hand and sat her back down. "I know you don't like our methods but we have to do this," said Jerome "dad I know but please don't make me kill my brother," Jasmine said "you have to" "but he's your son" "if he loses he will be living through you" "what would mom think" "don't bring up your mother". Before Jerome could say something else to his daughter Jasmine started walking away from him. Right before she could leave Jerome used his magic to bring her back to him so he could finish talking to her about the merge. He said her mother didn't like their coven's methods but she would be happy to see one of her children lead the coven. "Dad I don't want to merge," Jasmine said "I felt the same way at first but after I did it I felt amazing" Jerome explained "but what if I lose or what if Marcus' loses" "no matter what happens I'll love you". Then they both hugged and walked around the town square to talk about the merge and the Gemini coven a little bit more. Both of them talked about everything and then the leader of the Gemini coven asked her to bring her brother to his house for the merge. "I don't know about this dad," Jasmine said "you have to do what's right," Jerome said "even if it means killing my brother and taking his magic" "we all have to merge. It's what has to be done" "I'll think about it". When they finally finished talking Jasmine hugged her father goodbye then she rushed back to the house.