Chapter Ten

"Do you really think Dylan might help us" Michael said to Arianna "if he doesn't then we will have to come up with another plan" "does it involve killing him or our mom" "not unless they try and attack us". The two siblings continued talking until Sean, Jayda, and Raul walked inside of the room to see what was going on. Once they were all together they started talking about the merge and about how it was coming up in a few days. "The merge is only a few days away," Sean said "isn't Dylan and Michelle going back to Pawtucket today," Jayda asked "yes they are which means we have to follow them" "or we could stay here and be safe". As soon as Jayda said that Sean explained how their mom might hurt people they love in order to lure them. While they were all talking Arianna mentioned the arrow again and asked if they should tell Dylan. She wondered what Dylan would do if he found out they had a weapon strong enough to kill Michelle. "We can't tell Dylan about the arrow yet," Michael said "why not. He is our brother," Sean said "he may be our brother but our mother has him wrapped around her finger" "I thought we could trust him now" "we can but we can't tell him about the golden arrow" "alright fine". Before Michael could say anything else Sean asked if he should text Dylan about going to Pawtucket. At first, they all said no but then they realized it would be a good idea to follow them and stop the merge. "If we follow Dylan and Michelle to Pawtucket we might be able to stop the merge," Jayda said "but how," Arianna asked "you guys could just kill off the coven" "that wouldn't stop the merge. The coven is removable". They continued talking about what they should do while Michael went through some of the grimoires and journals. Michael kept going through the grimoires and journals hoping there would be something new in it but there never is. His looking was cut short by Sean asking him how he would feel if they had to kill Michelle in order to stop the merge. At first, he didn't know what to say so he sighed and explained how he will always protect his family.

Once Michelle woke up she quickly got ready to start her day then she began packing and when she was halfway done she walked into Dylan's room. She left the door open then told Dylan to wake up so they could get ready to go to Pawtucket to plan the merge. "How are we going to make my siblings come to Pawtucket," Dylan asked "don't worry about that" Michelle answered "so does that mean you have a plan" "it means don't worry about it". After she explained how he should start packing she walked into the kitchen to make some breakfast. When Michelle left Dylan started packing a few things then he got a text from Sean asking to meet with them. Dylan immediately texted Sean back saying he would meet with them in a few minutes because Michelle is still home. Then Dylan quickly packed a few things and walked out of his room to eat breakfast with his mom then ask if he could leave for a little while. "Could I check with the werewolves again or the witches to find the spell" Dylan asked "alright fine but hurry back home" "I will" "I'll be right back". Once Michelle said that she stood up and went to the bathroom leaving Dylan all alone to do whatever. As soon as she was gone Dylan got ready quickly and before he left he realized there might be something in his mother's room. Before Michelle finished up in the bathroom Dylan rushed into her room and took a journal then left to meet everyone. Right, when he was about to leave Michelle opened the bathroom door causing him to hide the book. "When you finish looking for the spell come back home so we can leave," Michelle said "don't worry I will," Dylan said, "you better". They continued talking then Michelle told him that he has to be careful not to run into his siblings because they might hurt him in order to avoid the merge. "I'll see you later," Dylan said "okay bye" "bye. Oh and what time are we leaving" "I don't know yet but hurry home when you finish" "alright". When they finished talking Dylan grabbed the book and rushed out of the house then walked to the bar to meet his siblings.

Dylan sat down at the bar and waited for them and after waiting for about ten minutes Arianna and Sean finally made it to the bar. They all sat down and immediately started talking and planning about what they should do with Michelle and the merge. "I might have found something that could help," Dylan said "what is it," Arianna asked, "before I left the house I found this book. I haven't read it yet". After he said that he opened the book and started reading more about the merge and finally learned what was really going on. He looked at Arianna and Sean then said how their mother is planning on stealing the magic of the winner to become even more powerful. Once Dylan said that Arianna told him how they have to escape before she has the chance to take their magic and become unstoppable. "Even if we leave she will just find us again," Dylan said "then we might have to kill her," Sean said "are you crazy. We can't kill our mom" "not even if she is responsible for our dad's death". They continued talking about how they have to find a way to stop the merge once and for all and defeat Michelle. While they were talking Dylan continued reading until he got to a page talking about a spell to stop someone's flow of magic. "What is it," Sean asked "it's a halting spell" Dylan answered "what does our mother want with a spell like that" "I have no idea. It doesn't say anything" "she was probably planning to stop our magic so we can't stop the merge" Arianna added on "that's probably what it's for," Dylan said. After talking for a long time Dylan told his siblings they should come by his house so they could look for more books together and decode their mother's plan. Sean and Arianna thought for a moment if they should go but they decided it would be a good idea. "Do you mind if we bring Michael and our friends" Arianna asked "no. They might help find books faster" Dylan said "won't our mom be there" "I don't know but if she is I'll cast a sleeping spell". Once they had a plan for what to do next they said goodbye to each other then went their separate ways.