Chapter Forty-One

It was about 6:00 am when Arianna woke up and saw a text from Samantha asking to meet up which worried her. She didn't want to tell her siblings so she got ready and called the professor in her room so nobody would bother her. "Good morning Arianna," the professor said "what do you want," she asked "I just want to talk" "I don't trust you" "if you didn't trust me you wouldn't be on the phone with me right now" "that's a good point then bye". Before the tribrid hung up the phone Samantha told her she will help get the cure but they have to meet up in person to talk. After the professor said that Arianna thought for a moment then quickly agreed to meet with her in private. "That's fantastic. Meet me at the town square in fifteen minutes," the professor said "I'll be there soon," Arianna said "there's one more thing" "what is it now" "don't bring your family and friends and I won't bring mine" "alright fine" "bye" "bye". Once she hung up she finished getting ready and walked into the living room to leave but she was stopped by her older brother Dylan. He noticed her bag so he immediately asked what was going on which caused her to get a little bit panicked. When she was about to answer everybody else walked in and that's when they saw her about to leave. Everybody looked at Arianna and asked where she was going but she didn't want to tell them the truth. Instead of telling the truth, she said she just wanted some fresh air to think things over but Jayda was suspicious. "How about I come with you," the female hybrid said "I'm fine thanks. I just want to wrap my head around everything" she replied "you sure you don't want company" "I'm positive" "alright. Stay safe" "don't worry I will" "you better". Arianna laughed quietly then went outside and when she knew she was safe she used her vampire speed to run away from the house. When she was far away from the house and close to the town square she stopped using her powers so nobody would notice. She then took a deep breath and sat down on a bench to wait for the professor to show up to talk.

Arianna didn't wait longer than ten minutes because the professor showed up and stood in front of her. Now that she was there the tribrid stood up and began talking with the professor while walking through the town square. "You said you needed me so spill," she said "I know what you did to me yesterday," the professor said "sorry about that we just needed information" "it's alright. Now let's get to the matter at hand" "and what's that" "the cure". Samantha stopped walking so she could tell Arianna that they're ready to go after the cure like they planned. Instead of cheering the tribrid just looked at her as if she thought she was kidding about what she said. "How do I know I can trust you," she asked "I was about to ask you the same question" Samantha responded "can't we just start over" "I think it's a little too late for that" "alright fine, how do we get the cure" "we need to finish the expression triangle". After she said that she told the tribrid how if they finish it she'll become stronger and unstoppable. While she was explaining everything Arianna thought about the people who had to die for her power and she doesn't like it. She grabbed the professor and said she's strong enough and she won't kill twenty-four people just to benefit her so if she helps nobody else dies. Usually, the professor would say something back but she could see how much Arianna cared about people so she agreed. Once they were on the same page they could talk about other things like what to do with the cure and immortals. "I have to tell you a secret," the professor said "what is it," she asked "I'm using the hunters" "using them how" "they think I'm helping them take down Demetrius and Iris but that's not true" "then what do you want" "if we raise them they can bring everybody back. Like my husband". Shortly after she finished explaining what she wanted Arianna told her nobody could do something that powerful. When she said that the professor laughed before telling her that the immortals can do unimaginable things.

"Samantha who told you these things," the tribrid asked, "my husband told me" she answered "but your husband is dead" "I know but Demetrius can help me see him" "okay what are you talking about". Right after she asked that the professor walked back to a bench to sit down with Arianna and explain everything. The moment both of them sat down the professor explained something about Demetrius and where he is. She said if you offer blood at the tomb of the immortals they will let you see your lost love and she also said she's done it a lot and it works. Arianna was a little afraid but some part of her believed what she was saying was true but she was still nervous. "All of this sounds a bit crazy," she said "it sounded crazy to me too at first but we can bring all of the sacrifices back," the professor said "did your husband tell you how" "all he said was that we need to free the immortal". Instead of talking about the immortals, the tribrid decided to talk about something else like the hunters. Both of them talked about how if the hunters found out what the professor was planning they wouldn't like it. While the professor was talking about the hunters some more Arianna looked around and thought about the immortals. Since they were so busy talking and wondering none of them noticed Sean and his girlfriend walking over to them. Once Sean and his girlfriend made it to Arianna they grabbed her hand and pulled her close to them right before they started talking. "We're leaving," said Sean "no we are not" his sister replied "how could you lie to us. I'm your brother" "because I know you and I'm sick of arguing" "let's go" "I said no" "and I said we're leaving. Samantha go" "Samantha stay". Because the professor didn't want to fight she just grabbed her things and rushed into her car to drive home. Shortly after she left Arianna and Sean started arguing with each other and Jayda had to break it up. Instead of continuing the fight, they all began walking back to the house to talk with everybody else about what happened.