Chapter Thirty-Six

Jayda smiled while walking towards a man trying to get into his black car to get home after a long day of work. Before he could get inside his car she grabbed his shoulder to get his attention so he would listen when she started talking. "Hey how are you," she said "I'm sorry but I really have to go," he said "so you don't want to stay with me" "to be fair I don't know you and I have to go" "I'm sorry too but stand still and don't scream" she compelled. As soon as she did that the man stopped talking which made her smile then she began feeding from his neck. While she was drinking the man's blood the hunters showed up holding stakes and vervain grenades. "Hello," Maggie said "you must have some real bravery if you're trying to interrupt me while feeding" Jayda smiled "you must not who we are" you're those hunting bitches. If you want to be dessert I suggest you leave". Right when she said that Maggie threw her vervain grenade at the hybrid causing it to explode and burn her. She screamed in pain and tried to run away but the supernatural hunters were one step ahead. Since she was too busy screaming she didn't notice Ronal and Noah walking up to her with the wooden stakes. The two boys smiled just before stabbing both of her legs with the stakes then they got ready to shove one in her cold heart. "That's no way to treat a lady," Sean said "I was wondering when we would see you again," Ronal said "leave now or suffer" "we aren't scared of you" "but you really should be" "and why's that" "because I can do this". As soon as he said that he raised both hands and used his pyrokinesis to burn all of the hunters. They screamed in pain while Sean quickly grabbed his ex girlfriend and helped her up so they could leave. Once he finished using his pyrokinesis the hunters threw their grenades aiming for the quadbrid but he was ready. He used his pyrokinesis to explode the grenades before it could hit him then he sped away with Jayda. When they left the hunters grunted in anger then they turned their attention to the man watching and standing.

Both of them ran until they finally made it to the house so they rushed inside and locked the door behind them. Sean then lifted his hands and said "vis sera portus" just in case the hunters followed them to the house. "Are you sure the barrier spell will hold" Jayda asked "what's the matter. You worried" Sean replied "I don't want to ruin my new clothes" "just sit down and relax" "I want to know if the barrier spell will hold". Instead of answering the youngest Mercado just rolled his eyes and walked over to the couch. As soon as he sat down Jayda walked over to him to talk about the hunters with him for a little bit. "Do you know what you're going to do with the hunters" she asked "we can't kill them" he answered "and why not" "because if you do you'll spend the rest of your life suffering until you kill yourself" "I'll find a way around it" "no you won't". Once he said that the female hybrid rolled her eyes and tried to walk away but her ex boyfriend grabbed her hand. Right before she could say something everybody else walked into the living room to see what was going on. When they noticed Jayda with her ex they all quickly asked what happened so Sean began to tell them. He told them about what Jayda did and how the hunters attacked them both but they were able to get away. "Oh my god. Did they follow you," Arianna said "it's okay I cast a twenty-four hour barrier spell," Sean said "I'm just glad you both got away" "we need to go back and kill them" Jayda added, "but what about the hunter's curse". They kept talking about what happened until Jayda got annoyed and she tried to leave but Sean stopped her again. He then told her to stay with them so they could figure out what to do with the hunters and why they came after her. Jayda growled and explained how they're vampire hunters and she's a vampire then she tried to walk away. Sean kept grabbing her and sitting her down so she could help figure out what to do with the supernatural hunters. Everyone kept talking about the hunters while Jayda just sat down and drank some bourbon.

The female immortal hybrid finished her drink then she tried to walk away but her ex boyfriend wouldn't let her. He grabbed her hand and began talking about the hunters and how he doesn't want her to be away from him. "This is actually why I broke up for you," she said "I'm sorry that I care about you," Sean said "then just shut it off and stop caring" "how could you say that" "just leave me alone" "I love you" "let me go" "no" "I SAID LET ME GO". Right after she said she used her magic to throw him across the room and onto the ground near his friends and family. Before she could leave and go into her room Arianna sped up behind her and then she snapped her neck and watched her fall to the ground. "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT" Sean yelled "she can't just hurt you and think she'll get away with it" Arianna answered "I'll bring her into her room" "I have a better idea" "what is it" "let's lock her up and try to get her humanity back" "alright fine". Once they agreed to lock up Jayda her ex grabbed her then locked her in the cellar that was down in the basement. When she was finally locked up they all went back upstairs and began looking for a spell to turn on her humanity. All of them flipped through grimoires and journals but they couldn't find anything which made them all upset. Everybody continued searching and talking then all of sudden Sean found a spell but it was very risky and required dark magic. "Jayda's humanity should be our number one priority," Michael said "I know but this spell is dangerous," Sean said "then let's just keep her locked up until she puts her humanity back" "she won't do it willingly". While they were talking Jayda slowly started to wake up after getting her neck snapped and that's when she noticed the cage. She began banging on the door trying to break through but it was no use so she just sat back down. Michael ignored the immortal hybrid's screams and he started talking about the cure for immortality. He talked about everything as his youngest brother poured everybody some shots of bourbon.