Chapter Seven

While Valerie and Christine went through their grimoires and walked around the house their youngest sister Michelle snuck away and went to see her coven. As soon as she left the house she started walking to a secret place in the forest where the Taveria coven would be waiting. She walked through the woods then stopped when she saw her friend Bailey talking to everyone else about what they had to do. "Is everything ready" Michelle asked "almost. All we need is the spell and your sisters" Bailey answered "I'll get them now" "do they know what's going to happen" "no, and let's keep it that way". Once They finished talking Michelle walked back to the house to try and lure Valerie and Christine into the woods. When she made it home she walked inside and saw her sisters talking to each other while sitting on the couch. "Hey. My coven and I are planning to do a ritual but we aren't strong enough," Michelle said "what's the ritual for," Christine asked, "it's to bind my phoenix side to make me normal again". Then Christine and Valerie agreed to help Michelle with finally binding her phoenix side so she can be happy. Once they all agreed to help Michelle they started following her out of the house and into the forest. All three of them walked through the woods while following her deeper into the woods for the ritual. When they finally made it to where the ritual would be Michelle quickly explained what they had to do and where they had to stand. Then the coven around them started chanting while they cut their palms and then held each other's hands and started chanting. "Sanguinem desimilus, sanguinem generis fiantus. Sanguinem desimilus, sanguinem generis fiantus. Sanguinem desimilus, sanguinem generis fiantus" the three of them chanted over and over. As they kept chanting blood fell from their hands and their eyes turned white and the wind blew around them. Once they finished chanting the spell all three of them fell to the ground feeling exhausted and overwhelmed. Then after a few minutes, Michelle woke up and looked down at her sisters' dead bodies while feeling stronger. She looked at her coven and smiled as they started dragging the dead bodies out of the forest.

The Present

Ever since Michael found out his mother is half phoenix he started trying to find a way to make a golden arrow just in case they had to defend themselves. He searched all of his mother's grimoires and journals that he had and he still found nothing to make the powerful weapon. "How's the search going," Sean asked "it's not. I still haven't found anything that can help us" Michael replied "maybe you should take a break from all of this research" "If I take a break and one of you get hurt I will never forgive myself". When Michael said that Sean just told him to relax then he walked into Jayda's room to check on her. As soon as he walked inside her room he sat down on her bed and started talking to her about everything that was happening. "Michael has pretty much lost his mind," Sean said to Jayda "he is just trying to protect his family" "what if this gets him killed" "it won't" "how do you know" "because you will be there to save him". They kept talking about what was going on until Michael called them to his room to talk with them. Once they were all called into Michael's room they stopped talking and went to see what he wanted to tell them. "I think Emma might be able to help us with the golden arrow," Michael said "why would she help us. Also why would she know about the golden arrow," Arianna said, "she was once friends with Jayda and she worked with Nancy for a while". After he finished talking they all thought for a moment and agreed to go to Emma to see what she knows. When they all agreed that Emma might know something they went back to what they were doing. "Do you really think Emma could know about golden arrows" Arianna asked Jayda "she might. I don't really know what happened with her after I left". When they were all ready to go to the cemetery and find Emma they quickly grabbed a few of their things then headed out the door. Once they were outside they all started walking to the cemetery to find and talk to Emma about phoenixes.

As soon as they started walking towards the cemetery they all started talking with one another about what to do with Michelle and Dylan. "Do you remember anything about Nancy from when you were younger" Michael asked "I don't think so but Emma has been here longer so she might" Jayda answered, "If Emma doesn't know anything we'll come up with something else". Then they continued walking and about fifteen minutes later they finally made it to the cemetery where Emma might be. Once they made it to the cemetery they walked inside and immediately started searching for Emma. Jayda walked past mausoleums and tombstones until she bumped into Emma which caused her to shout. "Jayda. What are you doing here," Emma said "I was looking for you" Jayda replied "are you okay. What's wrong" "I'm fine but I wanted to know if you know anything about phoenixes". When Jayda said that Emma gave a confused look and started to walk away but luckily Jayda stopped her. "All I know is that all of the phoenixes died decades ago. Why do you care," Emma said "it's not that important but do you know of a spell that can create a golden arrow," Jayda said, "no but Nancy might". As soon as they finished talking she walked away so Jayda walked to everyone else and told them what she found out. While she was telling them about how Michelle might know how to make a golden arrow then Michael got an idea. "There was no spell like that in the house which means the spell might be here," Michael said "why would your mom leave a spell that can kill her in an open cemetery" Raul replied, "not unless she put a barrier spell on it". After that Michael explained how they could sneak in when it gets darker then they can find the spell for the golden arrow. Once they had a plan they had to make sure Michelle and Dylan wouldn't find out what they were doing. Then they left the cemetery and headed back to the hotel to talk and wait for it to become darker. While they were walking home they started talking about the golden arrow and how they would have to keep it a secret from everyone else.