Chapter Fifty-Five

Once the Mercados and all of their friends and family woke up they got dressed and then met in the kitchen to grab some food while planning. They all sat down and started eating while Iris told everyone that they need to hurry up and kill Demetrius. "Yeah, thanks for stating the obvious" Camille said "she's just trying to help," Jonah said "if she wanted to help then she would have killed him when she had the chance" "she was more focused on saving Jayda" "you're right". Just before they could finish their conversation someone knocked on the door so Camille opened it and let her friend Raul and Melissa inside. Now that they were all together Raul could finally tell his friends about the doppelgängers death. "You won't believe what happened," Raul said "what's going on," Sean asked "Demetrius killed the last two doppelgängers" "wait how do you know" "the news talked about Vivianne Lewis and Jackson Posey" "why would he do that". When Iris heard about the doppelgängers death she realized that her ex boyfriend might be up to something. Instead of saying anything, she walked into the other room which caught the attention of the male original. He then stood up and followed Iris into the library so he could try and comfort the sad immortal. As soon as he made it into the library he sat down next to Iris and asked if she was feeling okay. Right after he asked that Iris started crying so he pulled her into his chest and hugged her until she was done crying. When she was done crying she began telling the original vampire that she's afraid of Demetrius. "I won't let anything happen to you," he said "yeah I know but you can't stop him. He's too powerful" she cried "is there anything I can do to help you" "no there isn't. The faster we kill Demetrius the better" "yeah I completely agree". Shortly after they finished talking Iris thanked the original and then she hugged him for a little while. Before Jonah could go back into the kitchen Iris pulled him close to her and then she kissed him.

As soon as Jonah and Iris finished kissing they started heading into the kitchen and that's when someone knocked on the front door. Before Jonah or Iris could answer it Sean walked into the living room and opened the door then Jasmine walked in. "Oh my god it's great to see you" he smiled "yeah life's been crazy busy" she replied "how's everything" "same old same old" "why are you here" "I heard about the immortals and thought you might need some help" "oh, cool". The two friends sat down on the couch and Sean told Jasmine about the immortals and what they were going to do with them. When he finished talking everyone else walked in and noticed Jasmine so everybody that knew the werewitch gave her a hug. "Wait you're pregnant," Jasmine asked "yeah I am. It's triplets," Jayda said "wow I really did miss a lot. How are the babies" "they'll be coming any day now" "that's amazing I'm so happy for you" "tell me about you". Everybody continued talking and then Jasmine mentioned how her coven could also help with Demetrius. All three of them kept talking and planning about what to do with Demetrius and anyone helping him. While they were talking Iris started getting a little bit suspicious of Jasmine so she told her friend Gabrielle. Right after she said the female psychic realized that something was going on but she couldn't figure it out. Both of them kept talking and then Jasmine's phone started ringing so she went into the other room. The moment she was alone she answered the phone and began talking to Demetrius about their plan. "I'm guessing you infiltrated the Mercados," Demetrius said, "yeah I did. They have no idea what's going on" "good. Let's keep it that way" "what do you want with the Mercados" "you'll see that later. Now go do your job". When they finished talking Demetrius whispered something which caused Jasmine to hand up and do as she was told. She walked into the living room and sat down with everyone else so they could talk and plan.

Fifty minutes later and everyone was still talking about Demetrius and what they should do with this powerful male immortal. Dylan suggested setting up a trap with the dagger and Iris then when he's locked up they could kill him. "Or I could create a prison world," Jasmine said "what's a prison world' Jayda asked "basically another world similar to this one except it's empty" "what would we need to make it" "an ascendant, the target, and Mills' blood" "where will we get that". Everybody then started thinking about how to find the things they need to create and then Sean remembered that Jayda is a Mills witch. After he remembered his wife is a Mills witch he told everyone that they could use her blood for the prison world. "But we would still need an ascendant" Jayda said "then let's make one," her husband said "that will take too long. We need to hurry up and kill Demetrius so our babies won't be born in the middle of all of this" "I know". While they were talking everyone else grabbed some bourbon and began drinking to help pass the time. Once Jayda and her husband stopped talking they listened to Jasmine come up with more plans. Jasmine said that Dylan's plan might work since Demetrius wants the dagger and he still loves Iris. Since they were all busy talking and planning nobody seemed to notice Jayda's water breaking. Because nobody noticed her water break she looked at the floor and then at everyone until they realized what happened. As soon as they realized that Jayda was going into labor they sat her down and grabbed some towels. "You need to go to a hospital," Sean said "I'm not going without you" Jayda cried "you'll be fine. Iris will help you through it" "why can't you come" "because I have to deal with Demetrius. I promise I'll be fast" "okay". Instead of continuing the conversation, Sean kissed his wife goodbye, and then he saw her leave with Iris. Right after she left Sean's heart began racing so everyone calmed him down so they could come up with a plan.