Chapter Twenty-Six

Jasmine and Marcus woke up to the sound of the Mercados and their friends talking about Michael's big day. They both got dressed and ready then went into the living room so they could listen to the conversation. "Today is the wedding," said Michael "are you sure you want to do it today," asked Arianna "if we don't do it today then we'll never do it at all" "I get that but what about Jayden and her friends" "I don't want to worry about that right now". While they were all talking Dylan handed everyone in the room a plate of food so they could eat and talk a little bit more. Once they finished eating they put their plates in the sink and walked back into the living room while talking about the wedding. "Maybe we could cast a barrier spell where the wedding will be," Dylan said "that probably won't work. We don't know how many witches are working for them" Sean replied "I could help with the spell. I could contact the Gemini coven," Jasmine said. Right after Jasmine said that Jayda looked at her with a little bit of rage and jealousy in her eyes. Michael quickly shushed everybody because he doesn't want to make his wedding a challenge because he doesn't want to stress out Susan. "We aren't doing any spells today," Michael said "but we have to protect you" Arianna sighed "I'm the oldest. I can protect myself" "what if something happens to you" "it won't. I'll be fine, trust me". As soon they were all calm once again they brought up something else to try and relax Michael. They talked about how Jasmine and Marcus would have to be merging in a couple of days and they still don't have a plan. Michael suggested using the evolved werewolves to protect them both but Arianna explained how they could just snap their necks or rip their hearts out. While they were talking Sean held Jasmine's hand to try and calm her down so she wouldn't have to worry about the merge. Everyone continued talking and planning about the merge and the wedding until Michael left the room to call Susan.

When Jayden found out about the failed attack she never let the survivors forget about what happened that night. She would yell at them for not killing Jasmine and Marcus and she yelled at them because they let their teammates die. "It wasn't our fault," Zophia said "then who's fault is it. Is it mine. How about Namiyah's. Or is it Navi's" Jayden said "we didn't expect the Mercados to be there" "you should have been prepared" "no matter what we would have lost". After Jayden finished yelling she went to go answer the front door after somebody rang the doorbell. Right after she opened the door Camille walked inside then sat down with everyone else on the couch. Once everyone was seated Jayden walked around the room and talked more about the failed attack that happened. "I'm not angry with you, I'm just disappointed. You should have been ready for the attack," said Jayden "I get that but we had to leave. If we stayed we would have gotten killed," Camille said "next time be ready" "what do you mean next time". They all just sat down and listened to Jayden talk until she was finally done then Navi began to talk. Navi said how she is ashamed about what happened because they should have been ready to fight. "I get what happened was bad but we tried our best," said Tayla "you three ran. You were afraid," said Navi "then why don't you go next time" "if I went it wouldn't have ended like it did". Once Navi was done talking she sat back down while Namiyah stood up and got ready to talk. The young vampire explained how next time they should be ready for anything, even the Mercados. "Next time you'll be ready," said Jayden "I'm done," Camille said "what do you mean you're done" "I'm done helping you. This is wrong and we could have died" "are you sure about this" "yes". After she said she was done Jayden used her telekinesis to take back the ring she made for her. Camille then walked out of the house before anyone in the room could do anything else to hurt her. She grabbed her phone and noticed Dylan's phone number but she hesitated before she texted him.

The soon to be married couple talked on the phone for what like hours until Susan brought up where they should have the wedding. Susan suggested having the wedding at the pack hangout but Michael got a much better idea for the ceremony. "I think we should have the wedding at my house," Michael said "are you sure," Susan asked, "our house is more than big enough for a wedding" "that's amazing. I got to go get ready. See you soon" "bye" "bye". Right after they hung up he walked into the living room where everybody was waiting with an annoyed expression. Before anyone in the room could say anything he told them to start getting ready because the wedding would be at the house so they did except Jasmine and Marcus. "You guys need to get ready too," said Michael "we don't have anything to wear," Marcus said "I might have a suit for you, and Arianna or Jayda might have a dress you could borrow" "thanks so much". Then Michael went into his room and handed Marcus an old suit that would look nice on him. After Marcus got the suit he left the room so the groom could start getting ready for the wedding. While everybody was getting ready Jasmine knocked on Sean and Jayda's bedroom door but nobody answered. Before she could leave Sean opened the door while putting on his tie then he noticed Jasmine standing in the hallway. "Oh hey. What can I do for you," said Sean "I'm sorry for bothering you I just need a dress for the wedding," Jasmine said "oh okay I think there might be something in the closet. Stay here" "okay thanks". Jasmine smiled then waited for Sean until he came back with a purple gown that belonged to his mother. Right before she could say anything he handed her the gown and explained how he kept it to remember his mom. She smiled then walked into her room and began to get ready for Michael and Susan's wedding. Once everyone was ready for the wedding they walked downstairs and then all of a sudden someone started knocking on the door.