Chapter Fourteen

They all woke up and quickly got ready to start their day and once they were all ready they went downstairs to eat breakfast and talk to each other. While Michael was cooking some breakfast for everyone Raul grabbed a blood bag for himself, Sean, and Dylan. Jayda stood up then sat down next to Sean to talk with about how she was feeling and what she wants to do. "I was thinking of going back to New Orleans for a little" Jayda said "why," Sean asked "because of Edna. What if she is trying something" "don't worry about her" "I have to" "you don't" Raul said. Sean continued telling Jayda why Edna wouldn't try anything to hurt her then Raul explained how she shouldn't have to go all the way to New Orleans over a rumor. Once she was calm again Michael handed her some breakfast that she quickly started eating. As soon as they were all done with their breakfast they all put their dishes away then sat down and started talking. "Carter was a little weird at the dance a few days ago," Michael said "he lost his mom leave him alone," Arianna said "I know but I just don't trust him" "he never did anything bad to us so why don't you trust him" "I don't know I just don't". They all continued talking as Sean and Jayda walked into the kitchen to talk in private and not around everyone else. Now that they were alone Jayda could speak freely with Sean about how she was feeling and what she should do. "Do you honestly believe that Edna won't attack us" Jayda asked "yes I do. How about you take a walk to cool off" Sean answered "I'll be fine" "are you sure" "yes" "alright then let's go". Instead of continuing their conversation Jayda and Sean walked back with the others to relax and talk. Michael quickly started explaining how the Mayor needs to be kept in the dark about their secret and especially about what Dylan did to her daughter Riley. He told them how if the council learns what they are and what Dylan did they might come after them and end up killing them. Once they all agreed to not tell the council about them they started talking about something else.

After Carter woke up to start his day he quickly got ready then walked out of his room and that's when he noticed twenty-five messages from Edna O'Riley. The messages from Edna were talking about the plan to kill all abominations including Jayda. At first, he was just going to ignore the messages but then he saw the message about Jayda and he got angry. He quickly called Edna then started walking around the house while waiting for her to pick up the phone. "Hey, Carter. What is it" Edna said "I can't help you anymore," Carter said "why not" "Jayda didn't do anything wrong. She doesn't deserve to suffer" "are you growing fond of her" "leave her alone". Before Carter could get another word in, Edna started telling him how she was responsible for Emma James' death and probably killed a witch in Pawtucket named Bailey Smith. When Edna said that Carter started going off and yelled at her while explaining how Jayda didn't do it. "Of course she did. Nancy told me how Jayda killed her," Edna said "for the last time Nancy has been lying to you about everything including her name," Carter said, "that doesn't matter". They all continued talking and Carter kept explaining how Michelle was always lying to her about stuff. Edna didn't want to believe him so she kept calling him a liar then he told her how Michelle was part witch and part phoenix making her an abomination. "You're lying. It can't be true," Edna said "it is. My mother knew about Michelle's secret and she wrote it in her journals," Carter said "stop lying" "now that you know the truth would you kill Michelle" "I would never hurt her". Right when Carter was about to say something Edna immediately hung up the phone leaving Carter alone. Once she hung up he walked into his room and started thinking about what he should do with Edna and her plan to wipe out all of nature's monsters. If he never met Jayda he would have helped Edna but now he doesn't know what to do because he doesn't want to hurt Jayda. He then decided to go for a walk to think about what he should do so he grabbed his things and left.

When Jayda started getting a little bit more worried about Edna and what she was planning with Carter she walked over to Sean to talk with him. He told Jayda to try and cool off by going on a walk but this time she agreed to go so she grabbed her things, kissed him goodbye, then left. Once she left the house she started walking to the town square while thinking about what to do with Edna and if she should go to New Orleans. As soon as Jayda made it to the town square she sat down on a bench and started worrying about Edna. Then a few minutes later Jayda decided to go home due to the fact she was feeling a little better. Right, when she stood up and started walking up she bumped into Carter which caused him to drop his phone. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I should've looked where I was going" Jayda said "it's okay. It's my fault" Carter said "is your phone okay" "yeah it's fine. How are you feeling" "I'll live". They both continued talking and laughing while Jayda was thinking about asking him about Edna and New Orleans. Carter then explained how he had a good time at the Founder's Day party and he enjoyed dancing with her. "I had a good time too," Jayda said "I was thinking we could do it again sometime" Carter replied, "I don't know. I'm pretty busy this week" "is it anything I can help with" "no I don't think so" "well if you need anything you have my phone number" "oh yeah". Carter continued talking with Jayda until she started getting a little uncomfortable so she tried to leave and go home. Right before Jayda could leave and go home Carter quickly asked her out on a date so she started thinking. "I don't think my boyfriend will approve," Jayda said, "who's your boyfriend," Carter asked "Sean. I think I should go" "are you sure you can't stay a little while longer" "I have to go home and help Sean with something" "alright bye". After they said goodbye Jayda quickly started to rush home while still thinking about Carter because she feels a little bad for him. When Jayda left Carter just sat down on the bench to think about Jayda and what he should do with Edna.