Chapter Sixteen

Michael and the rest of his siblings woke up right away then walked right into the living room along with their friends Jayda and Raul. Once they were all together again they started eating some breakfast then began talking to each other. "What are we going to do with Carter," Jayda asked "I don't know but we can't let him win," Michael said "he already did. For all we know he can be responsible for those new animal attacks" Raul said. When they finished eating their food they put their dishes in the sink then moved to the library to talk more. They started coming up with ideas to kill Carter but in order to make the dagger, they would need something of his. "If the dagger doesn't work we can always do something else," Dylan said "and what's that," Arianna asked "we don't have to kill him. We can desiccate him" "that could work," Sean said. Right when Sean was about to say something else Arianna reminded everyone of a magical dagger. She explained how a witch created the daggers and if they are dipped into white oak ash they can kill an original as long as the dagger is in their hearts. "That's too dangerous," Michael said, "how," Arianna asked, "those daggers don't work on hybrids" "then it's a good thing he isn't a hybrid" "you would still have to get close enough to dagger him" Raul added on. After Raul said that Jayda started worrying about Carter and how he might be able to kill them all. She stood up then started telling everyone how they would have to find a way to get rid of Carter and fast. They all quickly agreed with Jayda then Sean told her how he wouldn't let anything happen to his family or to her. "I don't think Carter's venom can kill us," Arianna said "why not. His venom is stronger than ours" Michael said "yeah but werewolf venom doesn't affect other werewolves only vampires" "but you four are part vampire" "which means his venom might only hurt us". Arianna told her siblings how regular werewolf venom has to affect to them but maybe advanced werewolf venom does then they all continued talking.

As soon as Edna woke up she quickly changed her clothes then got ready and that's when she heard a strange sound coming from the living room. She walked out of her room very slowly then sneakily walked into the living room to investigate the strange sound. When she finally made it to the living room her heart dropped and she started freaking out a little bit. "Good morning, Edna," Carter said while drinking from a girl's wrist "what the hell did you do," Edna asked while looking at the dead girls on the floor" "I got a little bit hungry. I need my strength". Carter's eyes were glowing red and long black veins appeared on his eye sockets down to his cheeks then it all faded away when he stopped feeding. Then Carter threw the girl's dead body to the floor and walked towards Edna with blood all over him. Her heart continued beating fast which made him smile then he walked past her and into the bathroom to get cleaned off. While he was cleaning his face and changing his clothes Edna started talking with him about the plan. "Do you know what you're supposed to do" Edna asked "I'm the one who came up with this whole plan" Carter answered "I know but how are you going to get rid of the Mercados" "my bite is stronger than theirs. All I have to do is get close enough". Before he could say anything else Edna interrupted him by explaining how they might be one step ahead of him. "How are they one step ahead," Carter asked "they saved the werewolves yesterday," Edna said "but not before I got their venom" "I'm just saying you should be careful" "don't worry about me. I will". Then Carter looked down at the bodies again and then told Edna to get rid of them and to clean. Edna grunted with anger but did what she was told anyway while Carter sat back down to relax. While she started cleaning up all of the blood and burying the bodies Carter started to lie down to think about everything. He started thinking about Edna and how she helped him become the world's first upgraded original vampire.

Last Night

Right after Carter drank the serum to become an upgraded original vampire his friend Edna started telling him ways he could die. Edna was telling him how she could kill him with her magic or he could himself to be one step closer to be a vampire. "We have to do this fast" Carter said "how come," Edna asked "I don't want anyone interrupting us" "don't worry about it. We have enough time to finish all of this. Now how would you like to die". As soon as Edna said that Carter started thinking about ways he could die and then come back. He thought for a couple of minutes until he finally came up with a way he would like to die in order to become a vampire. "Could you kill me" Carter asked "why do you want me to do it" Edna replied "you knew my mom and now I can make her proud" "I barely knew your mom. Are you sure" "could you please just do it" "alright fine". Before Carter could say anything else Edna started using her magic to hurt Carter which caused him to scream in pain. Then after she kept doing it for a couple minutes Carter's nose, eyes and ears started bleeding then he collapsed to the floor and died. Once he was dead Edna sat down on an old bench and waited for him to come back to life as a vampire in transition. While she was waiting for Carter to come back to life she grabbed a knife from Carter's bag then cut her palm for him to drink from. After Edna waited for about thirty minutes she thought he was actually dead but then he sprung up with life. "Oh my god you're okay. I was getting worried," Edna said to Carter "it worked" "all you have to do now is complete the transition then you will be unstoppable". They both looked at each other for a little while then Edna showed Carter the cut on the palm of her right hand. "Feed from me," Edna said then held her hand right in front of Carter for him to drink and complete the transition. Without hesitation, Carter grabbed her hand and immediately started drinking some of her blood. As he was drinking the blood his eyes turned red and long black veins appeared under his eyes.