Chapter Forty

"Sean needs our help," said Jonah, "you told us this last night" Talia groaned "I know which is why I was just asking if you found the grimoire" "not yet brother but we'll keep looking" "thank you, sister". Right after they finished talking Abraham walked in with a few grimoires that belonged to their mother. He then handed everybody a book so they can try and hurry up and find the spell that their family needs. All of them used their vampire speed to quickly read through the books but none of them found anything. Because they didn't find anything Talia and Jonah grunted which made their brother walk away and come back with some more of their mom's grimoires. "This is going to take forever" Talia sighed "stop being so dramatic little sister and let's finish this already" Abraham replied "alright fine. Hand me a couple more grimoires" "here you are" "thank you". Once all of them finished reading their book Jonah noticed one hidden under the couch so he quickly grabbed it. When he opened the book he noticed the spell that they were looking for so he immediately got ready to leave. Before he left Talia grabbed his arm because she was worried about him going after the hunters. She told him how he might get hurt and she doesn't want to lose him again because last time she couldn't handle it. All of them hugged then Jonah said that he would be fine and that he needs to help his family with their problem. Just before he could leave Talia once again stopped him because she was still very worried about her brother. The moment she asked him to stay with her and that she would deliver the book he laughed and said there was no need for that. "Jonah, promise me you'll be careful," she said "you worry too much. It's one of your weaknesses and the Mercados aren't weak," Jonah said "you're right. Just be careful" "stop worrying about me sister" "alright. Go" "goodbye" "bye". Shortly after they said goodbye the male original vampire quickly sped away to his family's house. Immediately after he left his brother and sister began putting the old grimoires back in the storage.

While all of that was going on the Mercados and their friends walked into the living room and talked about the hunters. They talked about their plan and then all of a sudden Sean got a text from his uncle saying he was on his way. "Jonah should be here soon," said Sean "that's good. The faster we end this the better" Raul said, "after we figure out what's going on with the hunters and Samantha we can finally focus on getting the cure". All of them talked for a couple more minutes until Arianna walked in with the other girls and her brothers. Now that they were all together again they could talk about their plan and what to do with the cure when they get it. "After Jonah gets here we'll start the spell and learn what the hunters and Samantha know," said Michael "then what," Susan asked "then we can focus on the cure and figure out what to do with it" "but what do we do with the hunters" I don't know yet". Both of them talked and planned while everybody else grabbed some food and listened to their conversation. Once both of them were done talking Sean said how they will need a fully bloomed hunter and expression to get the cure. As soon as he mentioned the hunter Arianna remembered something about one of the hunters that were with Samantha. She told everybody that one of the hunters had a full mark and she could see it which means they need him. They all agreed to not kill the hunter with the completed mark but they should get rid of his friends. Each of them finished their food and then Michael began talking about expression and the expression triangle. "Arianna has come far with her expression so maybe we don't have to complete the expression triangle," he said, "I think that's a good idea but how will we stop the hunters from killing," Raul said "I have no idea yet". While the both of them were talking Sean cleaned the dishes until he was all done then he came back to help plan. The moment he walked back into the living room the front door flew open and Jonah sped inside with a smile on his face.

Now that they were all together they could perform the spell and figure out everything that was going on. Jonah immediately showed everybody the grimoire and began talking about the spell to spy on them. "This spell is called kenning and the more you do it the easier it becomes," he said "that's amazing" Sean replied "it's a Norse witch spell so only you four should be able to do it" "alright let's do this" "not yet". After he said that he mentioned needing a few things like candles so they went searching. While they were looking for candles Jonah said one day they won't need the candles and they can do it whenever they want. "Okay I have the candles," Arianna said "give them to me. I'll set these up while you guys go over the spell," Jonah said "alright. How is the spell dangerous" "you could accidentally trap your mind in someone else's". Once everything was ready it was time to perform the ritual and spy on Samantha through the hunters. Dylan, Arianna, and Sean sat down in a circle and closed their eyes while their uncle explained a few more things. The moment he finished talking they started chanting the spell and it actually worked but something happened. All of them kept trying to spy through the hunters but it wasn't working which made them all angry and confused. Jonah grabbed his niece and nephew and said how they must not be ready for a spell that powerful. Right after he said that Sean grabbed him and said how he won't give up on something that easily. Everybody thought for a moment then agreed to try the spell again but Jonah was afraid that they weren't ready. "ENOUGH" he yelled "we can't stop now," Sean said "you three aren't ready yet" "I don't care we have to do this" "what if you guys get hurt or accidentally change something" "you'll bring us back" "don't do it". Both of them hugged just before the quadbrid said they have to do the spell so they could find the cure. Just after he said that Jonah realized why the spell wasn't working for them like it worked for his mother.